Full time (2-year contract with prospect of long-term appointment)
- Design and maintain bioinformatic pipelines processing, analysis, and interpretation of NGS, single-cell omics, and imaging data in synopsis with clinical data.
- Contribute to the development of databases and tools for efficient storage and retrieval of interconnected datasets.
- Implement and maintain quality control measures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of data analyses.
- Participate in the development and adherence to standard operating procedures for bioinformatics analyses.
- Collaborate closely with clinicians, data engineers, staff scientists and researchers to integrate molecular findings with clinical data to deliver personalized therapies for children with cancer.
- Facilitate implementation or develop reporting and visualizing tools for patient data.
- Proactive engagement to incorporate latest advancements in computational biology and genomics into clinical and research procedures.
- Strong background in computational biology, cancer biology, clinical and translational research, with an expert technical foundation in bioinformatics & programming
- M.Sc. or PhD degree in bioinformatics or related field with 5+ years of work experience in data science, ideally in a cancer research environment (industry, clinical, academia)
- Proven experience in analyzing genomic data, including whole exome sequencing and bulk RNA sequencing data is a must
- Experience analyzing single-cell and spatial data is a plus
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R and related bioinformatic libraries
- Proficiency in UNIX shell/bash. Experience working in cloud computing environment is a plus
- Experience in the use of bioinformatic databases, knowledge in designing relational databases is a plus
- Strong statistical understanding of the computational methods applied to biological data
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Team player
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English. Knowledge of German/French/Italian is an asset
Children's Hospital Zurich as an employer
Kinderspital Zürich is the largest university children's hospital in Switzerland with about 2,500 employees, and is one of the leading centres for paediatric and youth medicine in Europe. Although the hospital may be big, it's the little ones that count: up to 100,000 patients are cared for each year across 47 faculties, where we do everything in our power to ensure their well being. 'Kispi' not only offers cutting-edge devices and the highest quality of care, but also a good sense of interpersonal issues. Alongside its comprehensive range of paediatric medicine and surgery facilities, the children's hospital also offers a unique rehabilitation centre and a research centre.
Andrea De Micheli postdoc +41 44 510 74 58
Guy Baskan is an HR specialist