The SECO Labor Directorate is the federal government's competence center for all core issues of labor policy and unemployment insurance. The labor market/unemployment insurance service area is responsible for the unemployment insurance law. The Statistics and Labor Market Analyzes group is responsible for the compilation and analysis of labor market statistics. We offer you an exciting challenge in a professional environment.
- Jointly responsible for the creation and quality assurance of statistical products such as the publication “The situation on the labor market” or the annual magazine “Unemployment in Switzerland”
- Assisting in the extraction and preparation of labor market data using the latest data warehouse technology
- Independent processing of data requests on the subject of the labor market and processing of customer inquiries in collaboration with ALV IT
- First point of contact for answering questions from research, politics and the general public
- Taking on administrative and organizational tasks in the group
- Vocational training qualification (e.g. KV) or comparable training with several years of professional experience
- High affinity for IT and numbers, especially in dealing with databases and various software tools, preferably experience with R and SQL
- Interested in labor market and social policy issues
- Independent way of working, high willingness to provide service, high resilience and strong ability to work in a team
- Very good active knowledge of one official language as well as passive knowledge of a second official language
For further information, please contact Mr. Thomas Oesch, Head of Statistics and Labor Market Analyzes Tel. 058 466 70 35,
Please apply via our application management system.
To do this, click on «».
Reference number: JRQ$540-8711
The State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) is the federal government's competence center for all core issues of economic and labor market policy and is part of the Federal Department of Economics, Education and Research (WBF). It promotes international market opening for goods, services and investments. To reduce poverty, SECO is involved in economic development cooperation. It plans economic and trade policy measures for the benefit of developing countries, Eastern European and Central Asian countries and the new member states of the European Union (EU).
The federal administration respects the different needs and life experiences of its employees and promotes their diversity. Equal treatment has the highest priority.
Employees from the French language community are underrepresented in our administrative unit. Applications from people from this language community are therefore particularly welcome.