Our talented Power BI team is made up of Microsoft MVPs, FastTrack Recognized Solution Architects, and globally recognized experts - and we're looking for more exceptional individuals to grow the team. If you're interested in deep training and support to take your Power Platform skills to a new level, we urge you to look at this position. Launch a career where you can truly do what matters.
Come join us
As a member of the Analytics team, you'll have access to the research, knowledge, and tools to create leading-edge solutions. The role of a Power BI Consultant is a mixture of consulting skills alongside technical data modeling and visualization skills. Our clients look to us for innovation, which means you'll have early access to the newest Microsoft technologies so you can master them. Gain deep, focused learning from an exceptional team along with loads of Microsoft certification opportunities.
Together we do what matters.
What you'll do
Skills and experiences
- Shape approaches for governance and deployment of Power BI in large organizations, including advising on licensing, distribution/sharing, training, support, and best practices
- Design effective BI data models, layouts, and designs working closely with our digital design team to ensure optimal user experience
- Work with our testing team to manage the processes around client User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Utilize navigation features in Power BI (bookmarks, drill through) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story
About youCharacteristics that can spell success for this role
- Data model design following best practice
- Confident communication skills to work alongside client stakeholders of all levels
- Wider Power Platform knowledge (Power Apps, Power Automate, DataVerse)
- Azure Modern Data Platform knowledge (Azure Synapse, Data Factory, DataBricks)
- Capable in complex DAX and SQL
- Power BI Embedded, Custom Visual Development is a plus
- Willingness to travel (according to customer needs)
- Fluent German and English skills are necessary
Enjoy your careerSome of the best things about working at Avanade
- Consultative, collaborative, relationship builder
- Resilient, adaptable, flexible
- Intellectually curious and passionate about tech
- Convincing storyteller and engaging content creator
A great place to work
- Trust, responsibilty and appreciation: We are a large, international company - but we want to maintain the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. Every member at Avanade is equally valued and respected. Therefore, it is important for us that you get the trust and confidence immediately to take on responsibility within our large project portfolio.
- Broad Onboarding: It is important for us that you feel comfortable and welcome right away. That's why we not only have a comprehensive onboarding phase where you get to know all the relevant contact persons, but also a mentoring program where all new joiners are assigned to a buddy to make it easier for them to settle in with us.
- Career Advisor: From day one you will have a mentor, who will support, coach and help you to find your space and balance and to build up your own network at Avanade.
- Equipment: We provide state-of-the-art equipment for your home office (laptop, smartphone incl. private use). There should be no lack of technical equipment when working form a modern office or in your home office.
- Flexible Working: We are flexible - just like our working hours. Our flexible working time model with 1:1 overtime compensation (for all levels up to and including Senior Consultant) as well as the option for home office and a worldwide accident insurance which offers you security and balance when working from elsewhere.
- Pension Plan: Avanade covers 2/3 of your pension fund and your short term disability indemnity insurance.
- Continuous education: The opportunity to participate in local and international leadership programs (Avanade Leadership Program) gives you new perspectives. With your personal MSDN subscription including Azure contingent yo will have unlimited access to all Microsoft and other relevant certifications, various internal academies and guaranteed 80 hours training budget per year.
- Compensation: We put a lot of emphasis on performance-oriented and competitive compensation and offer you an attractive compensation package based on your experience and qualifications.
- Benefits: We are constantly working on our benefits package, which we have summarized for you  here.
As you bring your skills and abilities to Avanade, you'll get distinctive experiences, limitless learning, and ambitious growth in return. As we continue to build our diverse and inclusive culture, we become even more innovative and creative, helping us better serve our clients and our communities. You'll join a community of smart, supportive collaborators to lift, mentor, and guide you, but to also lean on your expertise. You get a company purpose-built for business-critical, leading-edge technology solutions, committed to improving the way humans work, interact, and live. It's all here, so take a closer look!
We work hard to provide an inclusive, diverse culture with a deep sense of belonging for all our employees. Visit our Inclusion & Diversity page.
Create a future for our people that focuses on
- Expanding your thinking * Experimenting courageously * Learning and pivoting
Inspire greatness in our people by
- Empowering every voice * Encouraging boldness * Celebrating progress
Accelerate the impact of our people by
- Amazing the client * Prioritizing what matters * Acting as one