As an independent central bank, the Swiss National Bank (SNB) conducts monetary policy in the overall interest of the country. It ensures price stability and thus contributes to an environment in which the economy can develop well.
Senior application developer focus on data engineering ( 80% - 100%)
The Applications Statistics management unit develops and operates platforms, tools and services for collecting, processing and analyzing extensive data from banks and companies operating in Switzerland. The information obtained in this way makes an important contribution to achieving the SNB's goals. With the introduction of new types of microdata surveys, the existing team will be expanded.
- Conception and development of a powerful data infrastructure with Java-based applications in the “Microdata collection” project team, including recording requirements from users;
- Solution architect for operation and further development of our data applications;
- Leading and carrying out projects in close collaboration with clients using agile project methods;
- Continuously improving our development tools and automated testing and build processes.
Your knowledge and experience:
- University or technical college degree in computer science (master's or doctorate) with a focus on software engineering;
- Experience in developing data-driven applications in Java/Spring Boot and with web front ends (Angular/TypeScript or Vaadin). Knowledge of big data technologies such as Spark is an advantage. High quality in software design;
- Conceptual and systematic approach, coupled with a high implementation orientation; Skill in presenting complex issues in an understandable and target group-appropriate manner;
- Strong ability and willingness to quickly familiarize yourself with a broad and demanding field of tasks and to take on responsibility in a team.
We offer a responsible and challenging job in a collegial environment and an organization that promotes you both professionally and personally. Our working conditions are modern and support the balance between work and private life. This includes the opportunity to work flexibly and in the home office.
The SNB respects the different needs and life experiences of its employees and promotes their diversity. Equal opportunities and equal treatment have the highest priority. Our remuneration is fair, in line with the market and performance.
Further information can be found on our homepage: Swiss National Bank (SNB) - Employer SNB.
We are looking forward to meet you. Send us your complete application dossier with a letter of motivation using our online application tool.
Swiss National Bank
Human Resources | Alison Leonardo