The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Established by the World Economic Forum in 2018, the Centre for Cybersecuritystrives to provide an independent and impartial platform to reinforce the importance of cybersecurity as a strategic priority and drive global public-private action to address systemic cybersecurity challenges. The Centre for Cybersecurity is today working with over 150 organizations, from both public and private sectors, towards securing our digital future.
Why we are Recruiting
The Centre for Cybersecurity engages
across governments, business, civil society and academia through our meetings and year-round initiatives. In addition, the Centre is responsible for the
Chief Information Security Officer community
Global Future Council
. We are hiring a Community Specialist to strengthen the engagement of stakeholders in the broader universe of the Centre. The candidate will therefore play a key role in ensuring internal collaboration with the Forum’s government, business and civil society teams and external collaboration with Centre stakeholders to ensure a strong and impactful engagement in the Centre’s activities.
Reporting Lines & Interactions
The Community Specialist will report to the Community Lead, Centre for Cybersecurity. The candidate will also work closely with the Centre colleagues, and other relevant counterparts across the Forum, to drive the engagement of partners in the various activities of the Centre for Cybersecurity, including
the Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity, the
global Cybersecurity Outlook report
and the CISO Community.
Breakdown of main responsibilities
The Community Specialist will own the day-to-day coordination of the engagement with current and potential partners of the Centre for Cybersecurity. In particular:
- Support the activities of the Chief Information Security Officer community and the Global Future Council on Cybersecurity.
- Coordinate a thorough onboarding of all new partners with relevant initiative teams at the Centre for Cybersecurity.
- Liaise with the Global Communications Group to ensure the Centre value proposition presentation is up to date reflecting the full value proposition and engagement opportunities.
- Ensure engaged partners continue to derive value from their engagement by scheduling regular feedback sessions together with the relevant Centre colleagues. Follow up on identified interest areas by proposing initiatives and activities to expand the engagement.
- Drive the invitation process and associated follow ups to ensure we continue to engage high calibre participants at the Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity.
- Liaise with Centre initiative teams to identify the key organizations essential to drive impact on ongoing initiatives.
- Serve as the focal point for coordination with the business development team to help identify the right centre colleagues to support business development efforts, help collate materials to support business development efforts.
Preferred requirements and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant role and field, for example:
- In account management, business development or other relevant roles.
- In a relevant business or not-for-profit organization in the field of cybersecurity or other technology-related domains.
- Highly collaborative team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who is able to build trusted relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders, including senior executives.
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills, and possess high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multicultural work setting, with flexibility and adaptability.
- A fast-learner who has a demonstrated interest for cybersecurity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Power Point, Excel); familiarity with Salesforce an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English; other languages are an asset.
Why work at the Forum:
The Forum believes that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas, and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!