The FRL organization at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class Augmented and Virtual reality (AR/VR) products. With global departments dedicated to research and development in computer vision, machine learning, haptics, social interaction, and more, AR/VR is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. The potential to change the world is immense - and we’re just getting started.XR Tech invents and delivers the Essential Technologies that enable Facebook’s XR Devices and Apps to empower 1B users with superhuman capabilities and the ability to feel more connected with each other. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, XR Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.As a Software Engineer in Facebook Reality Lab in Zurich, you will drive our next-generation platform for AR and VR development. You will work across organizations, threading together newly developed technologies to create an intuitive, powerful and flexible developer surface through APIs, Tools and the Unreal engine.External developers will gain access to the future of XR technology through the tools and frameworks you will be creating. With multiple groundbreaking teams here in Zurich, the ideal candidate is a software engineer who has built 3D / AR / VR / MR APIs and tools for the games or middleware space in commercial engines such as Unreal.We are working to bring 1 billion people into the Metaverse. And to get there we need to democratise building apps and games for Mixed Reality / Augmented Reality.Join us to build the tools that would enable enthusiasts to get their first MR App done in a weekend.
Software Engineer - Unreal Tools Responsibilities:
- Create tools / tutorials / libraries that will make it easy for Unreal developers to develop Mixed Reality apps and games.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and research teams in computer vision, machine learning, graphics and art.
- Develop prototypes for future AR/VR experiences, drive continued development, and integrate robust solutions into product.
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code.
- Set direction for how Facebook Reality Labs develops future mixed and augmented reality capabilities
- 3+ years of experience with C++
- Experience with Unreal engine
- Experience in any of the following: gameplay tooling and pipeline development in AR/VR (Kinect, VR, AR, Sony Eyetoy)
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with any of the following: developing games middleware technologies from APIs to tools, driving technology integration at an engine and tooling level for AAA games studios
- 5 years experience with Unreal
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.