We are looking for a strong AI specialist with industry experience in developing and deploying machine learning (ML) computational photography algorithms that run in real-time on mobile or AR/VR platforms.The mission of the Core AI Computational Photography team is to extract the highest imaging performance possible out of the physically-constrained cameras on AR and VR by developing device-optimized ML computational photography and computer vision algorithms. We also collaborate with the Family of Apps (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc.) for enhancing photo and video quality at scale.
AI Specialist - Computational Photography Responsibilities:
- Develop novel ML-based computational photography and image processing algorithms for AR and VR devices, particularly for ML-based denoising applications.
- Perform task-specific model optimization (particularly on model architecture) for on-device compute platforms
- Drive end-to-end (research to production) ownership of algorithm development
- 5+ years of industry experience with real-time (streaming video) ML-based computational photography algorithm development.
- 5+ years of industry experience with deploying ML computational photography algorithms on smartphones, AR/VR, or other compute and power constrained mobile devices.
- 5+ years of industry experience with ML image processing algorithms that tap in and out of on-device image signal processors (e.g. Qualcomm or MediaTek ISP)
- 4+ years of industry experience with CMOS sensor design and deep understanding of CMOS sensor mechanism and architecture.
- Strong understanding of mobile AI accelerators (e.g. Qualcomm HTP, DSP, GPU) and can articulate optimal neural network architecture design choices for such accelerators
- Strong understanding of engineering design tradeoffs for balancing image processing workloads on various SoC-based processors (e.g. what kind of workloads are best suited for CPU vs GPU vs DSP)
- Shipped ML computational photography features that have deployed commercially on camera-embedded devices, in particular ML-based denoising features.
- Published papers in computer vision or computational photography at top-tier conferences (CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, NeurIPS, etc.)
- Proficient in low-level device-side production languages such as C/C++, Halide, OpenGL/OpenCL, and Hexagon DSP programming.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.