Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
BCG X is the tech build & design unit of BCG. Turbocharging BCG's deep industry and functional expertise, BCG X brings together advanced tech knowledge and ambitious entrepreneurship to help organizations enable innovation at scale. With nearly 3,000 technologists, scientists, programmers, engineers, and human-centered designers located across 80+ cities, BCG X builds and designs platforms and software to address the world's most important challenges and opportunities. Teaming across our practices, and in close collaboration with our clients, our end-to-end global team unlocks new possibilities. Together we're creating the bold and disruptive products, services, and businesses of tomorrow.
What You'll Do
Our BCG X teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, designing innovative algorithms, implementing, and deploying scalable solutions, and enabling colleagues and clients to fully embrace AI. Our product offerings span from fully custom-builds to industry specific leading edge AI software solutions.
As a Lead Data Scientist in our insurance practice, you'll be part of our rapidly growing team. You'll have the chance to apply data science methods and analytics to real-world business situations across the insurance sector to drive significant business impact. We help companies identify and develop growth opportunities that reshape the future of the insurance industry.
As a core member of BCG X you will also take a larger and more proactive role in shaping the strategy of BCG X – and of BCG overall. You will work closely with partners & managing directors to drive our company’s growth & business development. Additional responsibilities will include developing and delivering thought leadership, managing teams of data scientists, engineers, designers. Successful candidates are intellectually curious builders who are biased toward action, scrappy, and communicative.
We are seeking a strong candidate with significant experience in the insurance sector and advanced analytics to fill an exciting Lead Data Scientist position within BCG X. The Lead Data Scientist is expected to be a recognized expert in data science and will manage a team of data scientists and engineers to build innovative new products and analytics solutions in BCG's fast growing insurance practice. Successful candidates possess the following:
- Comfortable in a client-facing role, manage engagements, client relationships, provide “thought leadership” to teams
- Explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner and act as interface between business & tech
- Likes to distill complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations
- Significant experience applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations and a proven ability to synthesize complex data
- Solid understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, and can translate this into business implications for our insurance clients
- Have strong project management skills
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- 7+ years of relevant industry work experience in an Insurance company or Insurtech Startup providing advanced analytics solutions
- Advanced degree required in a field linked to business analytics, statistics or geo- statistics, operations research, geography, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related field
- Strong record of professional accomplishment and leadership
- Looking for individuals with deep technical and data science expertise, acute strategic and analytical skills, ability to lead and persuade, drive and energy, and desire to work in a project-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects and teams
- Proven ability to drive topics and make a commercial impact in the insurance sector
- Fluency in at least one coding language (Python)