Be a part of a revolutionary change
Times are changing at PMI. We’ve chosen to do something big. The world expects us to act responsibly. And we are doing just that by transforming our business and building our future on one clear purpose – to deliver a smoke-free future.
This transformation will revolutionise every area of our business. The products we sell. Where we sell them. How they’re manufactured and delivered. The way we talk to our customers and engage with society.
It’s the perfect setting place to start your career. As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing of a multinational business combined with the freedom of a start-up. You’ll bring a positive mindset and fresh perspective to projects that can make a huge difference to so many.
About the team
Our team manages data product portfolio in our function, called Global Leaf and Product Development in Operations. We also design, build and deploy data products, advanced analytics tools and lead the change management in our business function.
Who we’re looking for:
Roles & Objectives
- Available from February to September 2024
- Currently studying for your Master / bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Data Science or Science (Computer, Statistics or Mathematics).
- Knowledge of data architecture especially on semantic data, ontologies, graph technology, their standards and technologies like RDF, OWL and SPARQL.
- Understanding of statistical/predictive modelling by using Python and data visualization as well as data storytelling.
- High personal interest or demonstrated experience (school projects, thesis, personal projects, or field experience) in the topic of data architecture or data engineering.
- Interested in end-to-end data product and analytical solutions development accompanied with understanding business impact and leading/coordinating change management accordingly.
- Proficiency in English both speaking and written.
What we offer
- Contribute to the design of the Product Lifecycle Management knowledge graph (concerning mainly the Bill of Material) by refining, validating, and aligning with the latest academic research and industry standards.
- Mentor other team members (both technical and non-technical) interested in semantics, helping them to grasp complex concepts and techniques. To be accomplished ideally through documented material and training session.
- Rapidly prototype and experiment with semantic technologies to bring ideas into practical application. Work closely with Data Scientist and collaborate in pilot initiatives, ensuring deployment of digital solutions. Help the team for user acceptance testing.
- Present the developed analytic solutions (architecture, functionality, performance evaluation results) in front of various partners with different backgrounds (technical, business, management, etc.).
Our success depends on our talented employees who come to work here every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business –our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to deliver a smoke-free future.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.