Do you want to combine the opportunities that a global company provides with the benefits of a family-owned business? Headquartered in Lachen near Zurich, Switzerland, the Octapharma Group is a leading company in the worldwide market for therapeutic human proteins. Working at Octapharma means to have an opportunity to contribute to our common goal – developing lifesaving therapies to improve patients’ lives.
What will you be doing as Group Data Analyst Sustainability?
- Support to develop, implement, shape and improve the ESG data collection and reporting processes globally to establish a reporting framework
- Run the Group’s ESG data collection process, evaluate, compile and prepare the data in collaboration with local ESG data owners and Group Director of Sustainability
- Prepare the ESG data for Group-wide ESG reporting. Support in the preparation of our annual sustainability report and financial report with relevant and aggregated ESG data as well as ad-hoc information requests from third party stakeholders on ESG indicators
- Ensure detailed quality control of the accuracy, completeness and consistency of ESG data according to defined accounting standards and other sustainability requirements (i.e. CSRD)
- Support local business unit ESG data owners in aligning and improving reporting quality and reporting infrastructure and streamlining data collection
- Evaluate and advise for the identification of a state-of-the-art ESG reporting software
Who are you?
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Auditing, Accounting or Finance (Sustainability, Data Management or similar)
- Background as an internal or external auditor or worked with financial accounting/controlling with approx. 3+ years of professional experience from an international audit firm or company
- A keen interest in sustainability and ESG matters and a desire to utilize the financial/reporting experience in the ESG space
- An acumen for internal processes, internal controls and the ability to identify improvement potential in internal processes
- A strong sense of self-responsibility and a self-starting attitude and ownership mentality. You are dedicated and committed to meet deadlines and able to drive progress independently
- Proficient in both German and English
The Corporate Finance Department
- The Corporate Finance department forms part of the Group’s headquarters Octapharma AG and oversees the Group’s financial topics.
- The overall responsibility of the Corporate Finance department is to measure financial performance, to provide meaningful financial information to decision makers and lines of business, to manage financial risks of the business, ensure compliance with regulations and to report to external stakeholders. We support users by providing powerful information systems and efficient financial processes and reports.
- We work in an international, environment, with daily interactions with our Group-wide partners in different departments and lines of business. Our team consists of 10 people with different professional backgrounds.
- You report into the Manager Corporate Accounting, Tax, Compliance and collaborate closely with the Group Director of Sustainability.
What's the best thing about working with us?
- You help save lives - Every day is meaningful as we produce life-saving medicines
- Family values - Long-term perspective for employees and relationships
- Be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package
- You will have a high level of influence where you can make a difference and leave your footprint
- Work with skilled and fun colleagues in a relatively informal organization
- Skills development - We offer various internal and external employee and leadership trainings, trainee programs and digital solutions
If you have questions about the position, contact Ms. Claudia Vignau, Recruiter; +41 55 451 21 35.
“Sustainability is a non-negotiable part of doing business today, and we will continue to strive to improve our performance on this. Octapharma currently has a cross-functional task force working on our plan for reporting under the European Union’s Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) and we expect that this process will reinforce our efforts to deliver even greater improvement in our environmental performance, as well as our social and governance goal.”
- Roger Mächler, Chief Financial Officer
If you proceed in the process
- We will endeavor to review your profile as quickly as possible and provide you with feedback
- The next step is to conduct a phone interview, which takes about 30 minutes.
Would you like to get to know us better? Learn more about us on our website and follow us daily on LinkedIn!
Headquartered in Lachen, Switzerland, Octapharma is one of the largest human protein manufacturers in the world, developing and producing human proteins from human plasma and human cell lines.
Octapharma employs more than 11,000 people worldwide to support the treatment of patients in 118 countries with products across three therapeutic areas: Hematology, Immunotherapy and Critical Care.
Octapharma has seven R&D sites and five state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Austria, France, Germany and Sweden, and operates more than 190 plasma donation centers across Europe and the US.
For more information, please visit www.octapharma.com