As a GNSS Embedded Software Engineer in Automotive Product Team, you will be at the heart of u-blox’s cutting edge high precision positioning devices using the latest sensor fusion technologies.
Our team designs, implements, tests, documents, and provides support for automotive positioning products. As part of this team, you will be integrating different features as well as design and implement new features into the firmware of embedded GNSS real-time systems, being responsible for testing, documentation, quality control and maintenance of the source code and providing support to our product and application engineers in addressing customer requests.
With the team, you will be working within an Agile mindset environment and will be using the following tools to work together: Gitlab, Jira, Jenkins CI/CD and wiki. You will develop and maintain the code for the product mainly in C and plenty of support tools will be your playground. As a part of our international multi-site team, you contribute to the next generation of u-blox’s innovative and competitive high precision navigation systems, with a flexible and motivated mindset.
for the role is Thalwil, Switzerland.Your Responsibilities
Your Skills and Experience
- Release and support of Automotive products along the development lifecycle
- Design, implementation, integration and testing of new features along with maintenance of existing features for GNSS products.
- Verification and debugging of the product firmware.
- Providing analysis of customer/stakeholder requirements with estimation of the effort and integration in the overall system.
- Preparation and review of technical documentation.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer science, measurement technology, communication systems, or equivalent education/work experience.
- Knowledge or burning interest in GNSS technology, navigation algorithms and sensor fusion.
- At least 3 years of experience in embedded software development and release activities, C/C++ programming.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English communication.
What are your perks?
- Familiarity with peripheral interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C), ARM or similar processors, flash memories and hands on with development kit (R-pi, Arduino).
- Scripting/ Data analysis: Matlab, Python, Perl.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
Learn more about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center here!
- A multicultural and international company with over 60 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Hybrid working model & flexible working hours
- A strong learning environment and regular career discussions
- Company Performance Bonus and RSU
- Parking slot or public transportation subscription
- Sport activities, “Friday Apero”, barbecue, and an amazing roof terrace
- Up to 30 days of vacation a year, insurance contributions, additional contribution to the pension fund
… and discover even more by talking with us!
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief