The Reality Labs (RL) Research Team brings together a world-class team of researchers,developers, and engineers to create the future of AR and VR, which together will become asuniversal and essential as smartphones and personal computers are today. The Gemini teamis looking for research interns to tackle the most ambitious problems in the creation ofphotorealistic digital humans.In this internship, you will build upon cutting edge research from both academia andindustry. You will work with a team that is trying to leverage the best rendering technologyand the latest in image-to-image transformation machine learning techniques and use themto build new ways of performance capture and real-time, photorealistic avatars that can beplaced in any environment.Our internships are twelve (12) to sixteen (16) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we havevarious start dates throughout the year.
Research Scientist Intern, Generative AI, Digital Humans (PhD) Responsibilities:
- Research, develop and protoype neural rendering technology, concentrating on distilling appearance and motion priors from state-of-the-art generative models
- Design and implement prototypes with the emphasis on quality and speed of execution
- Propose and execute expriments and data capture sessions.
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a PhD in the field of Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning or related field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Understanding of statistical analysis of data and mathematical modeling
- Understanding of machine learning, 3D geometry, optimization, and system building
- Experience with deep learning frameworks like PyTorch
- Experience in C++ or Python
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
- Experience with (deformable) neural rendering, generative models (e.g. diffusion models, GANs), animation/deformation representations and inverse rendering techniques
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, SIGGRAPH, or similar
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.