Research-/Student Assistant with expertise in statistical methods 40 %
University of Zurich's Center of Dental Medicine is one of the four dental university centers of Switzerland. It combines seven specialized clinics and institutes under one roof. Its core tasks include basic, advanced and continuing dental education, the treatment of patients and research in clinical as well as fundamental areas. It occupies a top position in the international QS ranking. The Statistics Group of the Center supports the intensive research activities of the clinics in all aspects, from study planning to data analysis and publication in scientific journals.
The main activity includes the statistical support of studies, the evaluation of diverse data sets with (partly advanced) statistical and machine learning methods and the preparation of the conducted analyses for scientific publications. In addition, there are various activities within the framework of research support and the expansion of the Statistics Group.
- BSc or BA degree
- Good knowledge of statistical evaluation methods
- Good knowledge of the statistical software R
- Knowledge of other tools (e.g. Phyton, SQL, HTML) is an advantage
- Ability to work in a team and enjoy statistical consulting
- Independent and efficient approach to work
If, in addition to the professional skills mentioned above, you are a reliable personality with a very precise and diligent working style, then we look forward to receiving your application.
What we offer
- A varied, challenging job in an inspiring academic environment
- Deeper insights into the scientific work in a diverse medical field
- Compatibility of work with studies/family through great flexibility in working hours
- Salary and holidays according to cantonal guidelines
Place of work
Center of Dental Medicine, University of Zurich, Plattenstrasse 11, Zürich, Switzerland
Start of employment
The job will start at the beginning of January 2024 or by agreement and will be limited to 6 month (with the possibility of extension).
Please send your complete application documents, including a letter of motivation, by e-mail to Dr. Daniel Wiedemeier (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 27th,