EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than 6,500 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of more than 17,000 people, including over 12,500 students and 4,000 researchers from more than 120 different countries.
NEW! Software engineer position in NeuroAI
Your mission :
The Mathis Group of Computational Neuroscience & AI (UPAMATHIS, https://mathisgroup.org) and Mathis Laboratory of Adaptive Motor Control (https://mackenziemathislab.org ) at EPFL (Lausanne & Geneva, Switzerland) are looking for a software engineer to support the research in both labs relating to computer vision, machine learning and infrastructure management. Part (50% effort) of this position would also support our work on DeepLabCut - a popular animal pose estimation system https://github.com/DeepLabCut/DeepLabCut.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
Candidates minimally should have a bachelor’s in Computer Science or related fields, and a masters degree or PhD is preferred.
- Candidates without a PhD must be from Switzerland or the EU, PhD holders can be from anywhere in the world
- Work is onsite at Campus Biotech in Geneva, Switzerland
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills and proven record of effective communication, both written and verbal, with scientists is required
- Proficient in Python, Pytorch, and SQL
Your profile :An ideal candidate would have prior experience in:
- 3+ years of experience in Python & Machine Learning related technologies such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, JAX
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience building and scaling systems both on-premise and the cloud
- A record of experience working with scientists and other research engineers
We offer :
Applications are requested starting from October 10th 2023 and will then be processed as they arrive until the position is filled.
How to apply:
Applications should consist of a motivation letter, a CV, two relevant GitHub repositories, and the email addresses of two or more referees. Please send any inquiry to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about our research can be found at https://www.mathisgroup.org & https://mackenziemathislab.org.
Start date :
The ideal starting date is January 2024.
Term of employment :
1 year renewable
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered. Files sent by agencies without a mandate will not be taken into account.
Job Nb 3124