Early Phase - Homebased - Associate Director, Biostatistics (**Must hold strong knowledge and/or experience in Early Phase)
Syneos Health® is a leading fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization built to accelerate customer success. We translate unique clinical, medical affairs and commercial insights into outcomes to address modern market realities.
Our Clinical Development model brings the customer and the patient to the center of everything that we do. We are continuously looking for ways to simplify and streamline our work to not only make Syneos Health easier to work with, but to make us easier to work for.
Whether you join us in a Functional Service Provider partnership or a Full-Service environment, you’ll collaborate with passionate problem solvers, innovating as a team to help our customers achieve their goals. We are agile and driven to accelerate the delivery of therapies, because we are passionate to change lives.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
- We are passionate about developing our people, through career development and progression; supportive and engaged line management; technical and therapeutic area training; peer recognition and total rewards program.
- We are committed to our Total Self culture – where you can authentically be yourself. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we are dedicated to taking care of our people.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Develops department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines, in collaboration with Statistical Programming, promoting standardized and consistent processes to maximize the efficiency of the department.
- Ensures that the Biostatistics department meets timelines, provides high quality deliverables, complies with contractual project requirements and SOPs, and conducts projects within budget.
- Responsible for staff development, training and retention. Oversees development of direct reports by setting goals, managing performance, evaluating and monitoring training needs, supporting development plans, mentoring, and coaching.
- Facilitates succession planning and maintains a Biostatistics staff with diverse skills, abilities, and competencies meeting the business needs of the Biostatistics department.
- Makes recommendations for, and participates actively in hiring, onboarding, transferring, and terminating staff.
- As applicable, meets with subordinate managers, to evaluate and develop solutions for project resourcing, quality, timelines, standard processes, and training needs. Keeps senior management informed of decisions and issues which impact the department.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of clinical drug development, ICH, and other regulatory guidelines, and biostatistics in order to effectively serve as a Biostatistical department mentor. Develops and provides training for Biostatistics associates.
- Prioritizes activities across Biostatistics projects and facilitates mutually beneficial resolutions to project conflicts between groups or individuals, creating solutions to address business and operational challenges.
- Supports the assignment of, or directly assigns Biostatisticians to projects in a manner which keeps associates at their utilization goal and which matches associates to projects appropriate to their skills, training and experience.
- Conducts senior review of project deliverables, ensuring that output meets expectations and is consistent with analysis described in study documents.
- May participate in, or lead departmental or corporate initiatives.
- Supports business development activities.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel may be required.
**Must hold strong knowledge and/or experience in Early Phase
***Must be located in NA or EMEA
1.10+ Years of experience in Biostatistics analyzing end-to-end hands-on activities.
2. 2 to 3 years of experience in people management who has managed 10+ direct reportees; exposure to managing global team members will be a plus.
3. Strong experience in client engagement & consultation is required.
4. Mentoring team with day-to-day queries & reviews; and guiding them as required with training.
5. Strong focus on Functional project deliverables than people management.
6. Qualification - Bsc/Msc Statistics or Ph.D. statistics
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
US Only Salary Range - At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position may include a company car or car allowance, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, eligibility to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Eligibility to earn commissions/bonus based on company and individual performance, and flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from USD 102,600 to USD 210,900. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high of the Syneos Health range for this position. Actual salary will vary based on various factors such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
Syneos Health has a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Syneos Health customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Syneos Health and maintain compliance with these requirements.