Located in Switzerland, Omnisens is a leader in fibre optic-based sensing, delivering reliable monitoring for the energy sector. Our solutions detect early threats to assets, offering condition monitoring, asset optimization, and intrusion detection based on changes in temperature, strain, and vibration. Our advanced techniques include Brillouin-based DTSS, Raman DTS, DAS/DVS, and Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBG). With a focus on oil & gas, power, and civil engineering, Omnisens is dedicated to advancing the standards of real-time asset integrity monitoring.
As a member of the R&D Data Analysis team at Omnisens, the Machine Learning Engineer will support the group in various capacities, from ideation to execution and plays a crucial role in developing and enhancing our fibre-optic sensing monitoring solutions.
In this position, you will analyse and manage terabyte-scale datasets that originate from a diverse range of assets and environments. Your primary responsibilities will encompass designing, training and optimising algorithms, with the objective of accurately differentiating between standard operational signals and significant target events, while continually seeking innovative methods to extract valuable insights from the vast amounts of data we generate.
Finally, it will be essential to provide clear reporting and presentations of findings, both for collaboration with cross-functional teams and for refining our monitoring processes.
- Explore and preprocess large datasets to extract meaningful insights and features.
- Apply signal processing techniques to extract relevant features from time-series data.
- Develop and implement machine learning (ML) models and algorithms
- Evaluate and fine-tune models for performance optimization
- Collaborate with teams to deploy ML models in production environments
- Monitor model performance and make necessary improvement
- Design and create data visualizations to effectively communicate analysis results, performance metrics, and key findings
- Technical documentation of models, algorithms, and processes developed.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, maintainability, and adherence to best practices.
- Mentoring and training interns, transferring technical expertise and ensuring best practices.
- Master's degree or PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related field.
- App roximately 3 years of relevant experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining ML models.
- Solid understanding of signal processing and machine learning
- Strong programming skills in Python, including proficiency in data manipulation, signal processing and ML/DL libraries (e.g., NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, scikit-learn, PyTorch...).
- Experience with MLOps practices to streamline ML model development, deployment and monitoring is a plus.
- Strong autonomy, analytical ability, and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Capability to juggle multiple projects and deliver under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Experience in asset monitoring, particularly with fibre optical monitoring and/or distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) is a plus.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of French is a significant advantage.
- Diverse activities at the forefront of the tech industry.
- A tight-knit, vibrant, and dynamic team environment.
- Option for part-time remote work.
- Flexibility in work hours to ensure work-life balance.
If you are seeking a role that promises challenges and ample opportunities for growth in an international setting, we eagerly await your application in English.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities. We strongly believe that diversity brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increasing the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and stakeholders. With Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) as part of our Social Ambition 2030 and a strategic pillar of our Company culture, Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, included, and free to fully express their potential just as they are.
All Managers and HRs in Prysmian Group are responsible for ensuring DE&I policies are respected during the recruiting process, as well as recognizing and mitigating unconscious biases that must not influence our selection processes. All persons will be considered for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, origin, citizenship status, socio-economic status, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, parental leave, medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian Group will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation for any disclosed physical or neurological condition or disability of a qualified applicant unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
to learn more about Prysmian Group’s commitments.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.