Verity is seeking a Business Analyst to support its business development function. The role comprises of analyzing business data (both internal and customer) and customer processes. Its main goals are supporting business case development and customer site excellence.
The successful candidate will have proven data and analytical skills combined with the ability to look at problems holistically. This role also requires excellent people skills. Specifically, the ability to quickly build rapport and trust with a broad range of customer stakeholders (IT, finance, operational) in an international setting (Europe, North America). It also requires effectively working cross-functionally within the Verity team.
The global leader in self-flying indoor drone systems, Verity's integrated inventory tracking systems enable zero-error warehouses for some of today's most notable big box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers. Our live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Metallica, Justin Bieber, and Cirque du Soleil. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come join our growing team and help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
What you'll do
- Analysis of data and processes for business case development and commercial performance evaluation of the Verity system
- Own client data related to business value at Verity
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders at individual clients on a project basis
- Drive projects leading ad-hoc, cross-functional teams involving Verity's Business
- Development, Client Success, Marketing, Product, and System Performance functions
- Optimize and leverage market data to create benchmarks and support the Commercial process.
What you bring
- Degree in engineering, business management, finance, or similar
- Proven analytical skills and process thinking
- Excellent people skills
- Critical thinker; healthy drive to question data integrity and validity of assumptions
- Technical understanding: Ability to effectively identify patterns from complex datasets
- Willingness to travel (less than 10%)
- Prior experience with data/business analytics preferred
- Prior understanding of warehouse operating processes is an advantage
Nice To Have
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Qliksense) to create dashboards and reports for business stakeholders.
- Basic programming skills in Python or R to automate data related tasks and conduct advanced analysis
Why you'll love Verity
- Flexibility of a hybrid work environment. You can arrange start and finish times around your life (picking up kids, walking the dog, training for your next marathon at lunch)
- A great engineering culture, including flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on joint responsibility and mutual trust and support
- Working with a skilled, high-achieving, experienced, fun, and growing team—with lots of opportunities to develop your professional career, take on further responsibilities, and grow with the company
- Annual team-building events, quarterly and monthly get-togethers, knowledge-sharing talks, game nights, and more
- 25 days of annual leave, employee stock ownership plan (conditions apply), variety of pension plans, and relocation packages
- Welcoming office space complete with friendly team members, free snacks (fresh fruits, coffee, and more!), and fun activities—we're dog-friendly!
Are you ready for a great adventure?
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.net (http://www.verity.net/)