University of Zurich's Center of Dental Medicine is one of the four dental university centers of Switzerland. It has approximately 390 employees and comprises six clinics, an institute, and a central administration department.
The Clinic of Reconstructive Dentistry, Center of Dental Medicine, University of Zurich (UZH) plays a leading role in the areas of dental care, research, and training. Within this framework, the Center of Implant Research (CIR), established in 2015 and directed by Prof. Dr. Ronald Jung/ PhD, is a new service, teaching, and translational research platform. The Center of Dental Medicine UZH is globally ranked #8 as one of the best dental university hospitals.
The aim of the research group “eHealth in Reconstructive Dentistry” led by Prof. Dr. Tim Joda/ PhD is to develop and apply innovative data-driven solutions based on artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques for better healthcare services delivery, management, and research. Working with us, you will join a dynamic and growing team of scientists and clinicians; and, you will be part of major national and international research collaborations, tackling import challenges at the intersection of multimodal data science, semantic-driven knowledge representation, privacy-preserving data sharing and personalized health.
- You will develop and integrate efficient data pipelines to preprocess data from the clinical data warehouse and electronic Case Report Forms (eCRFs) for downstream AI-based workflows
- You will develop and integrate multimodal-data-driven and AI-based models for supporting clinical decision making
- You will provide expert advice and guidance for the integration of novel ML-based solutions into production environment in the hospital information system
- You will coordinate external data scientists to enable the team to run multiple projects in parallel
- You will contribute to the writing of scientific papers and grant proposals, and you could present results at national and international conferences
- You will be an integral part of the development and growth of the Center of Implant Research
- Ideally 1 year of experience after master's degree in applied data science projects (experience in the medical data is a big plus)
- Very strong and broad AI/ML background, with profound knowledge of different AI/ML methods
- Demonstrable NLP experience, including end-to-end implementation of NLP solutions
- Fully familiar with at least one DL framework (Pytorch, Tensorflow, Keras) and RNNs/CNNs/GNNs architectures and their application to different data types
- Fully familiar with Python NLP libraries (spacy or similar) and latest NLP solutions
- Familiar with REDCap eCRF software
- Some familiarity with Semantic web technologies and formats (at least: RDF, OWL, SPARQL)
- You are passionate about applying data science and data engineering techniques to the medical field to enable data-driven decision-making, finding patterns and understanding trends in electronic health records (EHR)
- You enjoy working with highly motivated people in an agile and collaborative environment
- You are totally comfortable with developing and managing interdisciplinary collaborations with clinicians, researchers, and external stakeholders
- You enjoy coaching junior scientists and interns, leading new data science projects, providing support to existing ones and sharing your expertise within the group
- You are able to “think outside the box”, take on new ideas
- You are fluent in English (knowledge of German would be a plus)
- You are a team player that thinks creatively and have good communication skills
What we offer
The Clinic of Reconstructive Dentistry is located in the vibrant city of Zurich, the most cultural and economic dynamic city in Switzerland. The Center of Implant Research is part of the Center of Dental Medicine, and benefits from direct interactions with scientists and clinicians located here (including the University Hospital of Zurich and ETH Zurich). You will work in a fantastic environment where fundamental and clinical research meet to accelerate new breakthroughs that will ultimately transform patient care. Our organization aims to make the world a better place, and we strongly believe in healthy work-life balance. As a group, we value inclusion and a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to inform our work. We believe in supporting each other through mentorship and providing resources for professional development.
Place of work
Center of Dental Medicine, University of Zurich, Plattenstrasse 11, Zürich, Switzerland
Start of employment
As soon as possible or to be mutually agreed. An application requires a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae including relevant certificates.