50-100%, Winterthur & Smart Working
We, the Claims Analytics Team of the Competence Center Data & Analytics, are looking for a Senior Data Scientist. We put our heart and soul into developing and operating data and machine learning solutions with measurable added business value in claims processing.
You can apply your analytical skills along the entire data science lifecycle, from understanding the business challenge, to feature engineering and modeling, to providing our use cases in production. Our claim and goal is to develop sustainable solutions together with business stakeholders that bring the greatest possible added value for the company. At AXA you can expect a culture in which you can fully develop your strengths. We value critical food for thought and constructive contributions, regardless of which hierarchical level they come from.
- Become part of our Claims Analytics team and be responsible for the further development of existing and the implementation of new analytical use cases
- Develop stable pipelines for data preparation and feature engineering together with data scientists and engineers, train models and ensure that they deliver sustainable added value
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in data science and share your knowledge with other team members and stakeholders
- You operate close to the business, communicate with our stakeholders and get to know their potential and challenges in order to develop solutions in the interests of the company
Your skills and talents
- You have a (technical) university degree with a quantitative orientation (data science, statistics, mathematics, physics, psychology, political science) or a comparable education
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience along the entire data science life cycle from brainstorming to the productive implementation of analytical use cases
- You have excellent knowledge of methods (ML, Deep Learning, Statistics) and have practical experience with Large Language Models (BERT, GPT, T5)
- You have a solid data science tech stack (pandas, scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch) with additional SQL knowledge and experience with cloud technologies (preferably GCP Vertex AI)
- You are very interested in understanding the challenges of the departments in detail, designing suitable solutions and converting them into measurable added value together with a team
- You can pass on your knowledge in a way that is appropriate for the target group and are willing to continuously expand your knowledge
AXA is not just an insurance company. Around 600 software and system developers work in Switzerland and develop the technology of tomorrow in-house. We also collaborate in global teams and networks.
We shape and integrate the latest tools, organize hackathons and our agile product teams run self-organized and are responsible from A to Z.
In order to actively shape digital change, we rely on smart and inquisitive talents as well as technology-savvy employees who strive to make the difference.
Your future place of work
Pioneerstrasse 3, Winterthur, Switzerland