Information assets are key for end-to-end business processes performance, transparency and innovation. Data becomes a strategic asset, ensuring the highest quality information about our products and services.
The data steward drives this coordination by establishing processes for how stewards in the Liebherr organization execute their activities (the specific work steps, tools used, etc.), how they communicate their actions to their peer stewards and other business users/roles.The data steward is responsible for implementing data governance policies and monitoring information assets and people against those policies. He defines and ensures clear ownership for data. When deviations from policy are detected and not resolved through automated means, the steward is the focal point for issue resolution.
- Defines, updates and supports the implementation of the Data Governance Framework with its required roles and responsibilities
- Develops and implements standards, guidelines and methodologies required to bring Data Governance to life and ensures its best support for the business
- Details how data must be created and maintained to fulfill business requirements and is compliantly accessed and used.
- Primary point of contact for questions and requests regarding data definitions.
- Assess the current state of data security, privacy and retention within their scope of responsibility.
- Monitors data quality, defines quality targets, identifies business issues and initiates quality improvements.
- Interpret and enforce activities to ensure target goals for data quality improvement and adherence with all other types of data governance policies.
- Monitor and track ongoing data quality targets and other metrics that assess the adherence of data and people to data governance policies.
- Work within and beyond their immediate area to implement change in support of the adoption of data governance policies.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in data and process harmonization
- Business administration or technical degree
- Understanding of how data is used within business processes and its impact on desired business process outcomes
- Awareness of the security, privacy, ethics and quality requirements for critical data entities
- In-depth knowledge of the manufacturing industry and its key business processes would be a plus
- Experience with data analysis techniques
- Solid project management skills to guide point-in-time and ongoing targeted data quality, retention, security, privacy and ethics improvement projects
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the importance and impact of data (or bad data) on the ability of the business to meet its own objectives
- Visibility with and respect from all levels of the organization — data stewards must have credibility and a track record of success in the business
- Facilitation and conflict resolution skills to assist in resolving the different points of view and requirements that invariably collide during cross-team and cross-organization efforts
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, from subject matter experts to the senior management team
- Ability to influence peers and subordinates to modify behaviors and provide support for the adoption of data governance policies
- Confident handling of MS Office, Sharepoint, Jira and Confluence
- Fluent written and spoken English and German (both level minimum B2)
- Pragmatic approach, as well as a structured and independent way of working
- Work on multidisciplinary and challenging projects in an international environment
- On-the-job training
- Competitive salary
- Benefits of a stable and modern company with global presence
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Regina Abou el Naga at: email@example.com
One Passion. Many Opportunities.
Liebherr-International AG, based in Bulle, is the parent company of the Liebherr Group and performs a wide range of functions in the areas of finance, taxes, auditing, law, insurance, human resources and corporate communications. The Liebherr Group employs almost 50,000 people in over 140 companies worldwide.
Regina Abou the Naga