Location: Ebikon, Lucerne, Switzerland
Job ID: 64130
We Elevate... You
Join Schindler Vocational Training as a part-time student and help us elevate our world: Use your skills to allow megacities to grow. With our elevators and escalators, we keep the urban world moving.
Since 1874 Schindler has been a Citymaker with proud reputation for elevating not only buildings, but the well-being of everyone who lives and works in them. People, passion, and innovation are the pillars of our success.
Schindler Vocational Training is a leading training centre with many years of experience and a modern infrastructure. Across Switzerland, we provide practical training for around 300 apprentices in more than 10 different professions. With our "Schindler Next Generation" programme, we also offer exciting opportunities for interns and part-time students. We offer attractive career opportunities for the professionals of tomorrow and thus make a valuable contribution to keeping the world mobile in the future.
Join us as soon as possible or upon agreement as a
Part-time student as Global Procurement Data Analyst*in (60%-80%)
We Elevate... Your Responsibilities
- Collect and analyze internal data (e.g. spend analysis) to drive business insights
- Support the operation and further development of BI applications and the data warehouse (visualization, reporting/analysis tools)
- Evaluate external factors (e.g commodity price/currency development) and support Category Management team with insights on the development trends
- Establish the structure to link data analytics results/insights to internal budgeting process
- Support the preparation of supplier negotiation by establishing the structure and pulling the data required
We Elevate... Your Best Self
- You must be currently studying at a Swiss university ideally with major on data science or statistics
- You must be in posession of a Swiss residence permit which allows you to work in Switzerland
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills and enthusiasm in dealing with data
- Good communication skills and team player
- Hands-on mentality and independent way of working
- Experience in dealing with relational databases and SQL and have in-depth knowledge of at least one common statistical programming language is a plus
- Fluent in English speaking and writing is a must