Are you a doer, want to work independently and always find the right way to climb to the top of our mountains of data? Then head to Basecamp and become part of our Business Intelligence team, because we are now looking for a full-time Data Scientist (m/f/d) who is motivated to design and develop data models in exciting projects.
Bergfreunde was founded in 2006 with a mission to connect and inspire people with a passion for the outdoors. Today we are one of the largest outdoor online retailers in Europe with more than 650 employees. Our values form our compass: with passion. Dare to aim high. Together on the way. Respectful. We tackle it. Our potential and our ambitions are great: we want to continue our growth - are you in?
THIS IS WAITING FOR YOU
- A motivated team in a modern IT environment that is constantly evolving and is not just a service provider, but also brings innovation to the company as an implementation partner.
- You will be in charge of exciting projects with the latest technologies and in close cooperation with specialist departments in order to catapult the topic of data into new spheres for mountain enthusiasts.
- You develop data models independently and check or optimize their performance within our cloud infrastructure.
- You automate data processes and ensure the availability and quality of our key figures within our reporting system.
- You support the specialist departments in the creation of reports and dashboards.
YOU BRING IT WITH YOU
- You have a degree in statistics, computer science, business informatics or a comparable qualification and have relevant professional experience.
- You have a good understanding of statistical methods.
- You have good SQL skills and experience in dealing with databases and analytical data models.
- You have already gained initial experience in the field of machine learning.
- Ideally, you have already gained experience with cloud data warehouses such as Google BigQuery or AWS Redshift.
- You are characterized by a high willingness to learn new topics and systems.
- You have good knowledge of German and English.
THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD START WITH US
- We want you to feel comfortable with us and that your work at Bergfreunde fits in with your life. Therefore, in addition to 30 days of vacation and flexible working hours, we also offer you the option of working from home three days a week.
- With us you are part of a motivated team that supports and exchanges ideas across the different departments. We also like to meet up for joint events: from hiking days to after-work with a food truck, we have everything.
- We pay attention to your health and a good work-life balance. Weekly yoga classes and other sports groups as well as a health and sustainability week provide a great balance.
- You develop with us. With many design options, you can contribute your part to mutual growth.
- With us you work in an international environment with colleagues from different countries. We are part of the Backcountry group and our online shop is now available in 12 different countries.
Type of position: full-time
Place of work: Partly in the home office in 72138 Kirchentellinsfurt