The University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) is offering a competition at the Department of Innovative Technologies (DTI) based in Viganello, at the Information Systems and Networking Institute (ISIN), for a position as Scientific Collaborator/Scientific Collaborator in Data Engineering, 100% occupancy rate. Entry into service May 1, 2023 or date to be agreed.
- Contribute to the implementation of applied research projects in the Information & Communication Technology (ICT) field, in collaboration with local companies.
- Actively participate in the development of innovative projects by contributing both to the definition of data-based methodologies and to their implementation.
- Actively contribute to the development of the Institute.
- Master's degree in computer engineering with specialization in data science or equivalent qualification.
- Proven skills in data engineering, data science and applying agile software development methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of the main languages, frameworks and tools for the development and implementation of solutions based on Machine and Deep Learning algorithms.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, spoken and written.
- Good relational skills.
- Good ability to work in heterogeneous work groups combined with the ability to manage problems independently.
- Good organizational skills and aptitude for problem solving.
- Team management experience.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Italian.
- Knowledge of a second national language.
- Knowledge of the Swiss industrial context.
- A fixed-term contract.
- Salary in line with Swiss standards and candidate's experience.
- Young, dynamic, constantly evolving work environment, made up of a motivated and growing team.
- Opportunity to participate in research projects and international conferences.
The requirements for this function are published in the "SUPSI Internal Directives" and in the "SUPSI Personnel Regulations" available on the "Official Documents" page.
Additional information can be requested from:
Only applications submitted by 9 April 2023 using the dedicated application form will be taken into consideration.
Incomplete applications, sent to other addresses or after the established deadline will not be accepted.