Verity is looking for an experienced Software engineer to join its Insight Generation team. The team's job is to deliver capable, robust, yet flexible solutions to control how our drones collect data, process it, and to extract the most value for our clients. For example, as a member of the team, you might help design and implement logic for the system to automatically learn and adapt data collection strategies. With your background in realizing scalable, cloud-based production systems, you enrich the team's expertise and become a key contributor to the development roadmap.
Verity is the global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems. Our integrated inventory tracking system enables zero-error warehousing for big box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers. The system is used by industry leaders around the world, including DSV, Maersk, and Ingka, Sweden's most recognized furniture retailer. Verity's live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Justin Bieber, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
What you'll do
- Contribute to the design and development of our insight generation pipelines, both on drones and in the cloud.
- Collaborate closely with our team of software- , data-, and systems engineers as well as data scientists to develop core services for business logic and data analysis.
- Ensure the highest standards of software quality through unit and integration tests.
- Spread knowledge about software design and architecture as well as coding standards within the department and enable other developers as we continue our shift towards the cloud.
- Participate in daily activities of the team, such as code and design reviews, project planning, periodic meetings, etc.
What you bring
- Degree (FH, BSc, MSc) in computer science, software engineering, or relevant field.
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience in developing and delivering production-grade software, preferably in the context of distributed, event-based systems and data-intensive applications
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others and demonstrated leadership qualities to potentially move into a team lead role based on performance and fit
- Additional plus
- Clean Architecture, Domain-Driven Design
- Experience with workflow management solutions
- Experience with IoT/robotics applications
- Experience with edge computing
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Tools and frameworks:
- Python, C++
- AWS services
- NoSQL and SQL databases
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. German is a plus.
Who you are
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of initiative and exceptional sense of responsibility (can-do attitude)
- Team player with high problem-solving competence, capable of working autonomously
- Optimistic, resilient and perseverant attitude with a confident approach to complexity
- Analytical understanding, structured and results-oriented working method
Why you'll love Verity
- Flexibility of a hybrid work environment. You can arrange start and finish times around your life (picking up kids, walking the dog, training for your next marathon at lunch)
- A great engineering culture, including flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on joint responsibility and mutual trust and support
- Working with a skilled, high-achieving, experienced, and fun team—with lots of opportunities to develop your professional career and grow with the company
- Annual team-building events, quarterly and monthly get-togethers, knowledge-sharing talks, game nights, and more
- 25 days of annual leave, employee stock ownership plan (conditions apply), variety of pension plans, and relocation packages
- Welcoming office space complete with friendly team members, free snacks (fresh fruits, coffee, and more!), and fun activities—we're dog-friendly!
Are you ready for a great adventure?
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.net (https://www.verity.net/)
We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical [dis]ability, gender identity or length of time spent unemployed.
Our talented people team are working extensively on each individual role and therefore we do not need the assistance from any recruitment agencies, thank you for your understanding.