Directorate of Justice and Home Affairs
Statistical Office of the Canton of Zurich
Data Science 60 - 100%
Are you ready to be «digital together»? Together with you we shape the new world, the digital transformation of the canton of Zurich. With the strategic initiatives services, data, law, organization and ICT infrastructure, we work together on the administration of the future. You can find out more about the context of this position in the «Digital Administration Strategy» . You will help us to develop the Canton of Zurich into a data-enabled organization. We are committed personalities who like to share their knowledge with others and use the space for creativity and new technologies together.
To complement the main data department, we are looking for an equally committed expert as of May 1, 2023 or by arrangementData Science 60%–100%.
Your new team and you
- You support the canton of Zurich and the strategic initiatives with your expertise in data science and machine learning.
- You bring your experience to bear and help to realize the potential of machine learning in administration.
- We continuously improve our cooperation and create time for innovative projects with automation.
- Our colloquial language is German. We are open to English language applications. Your German language skills should be at least B2 level.
Then this job is for you
- You can program in Python and work with common data science and machine learning tools. If you've also worked with R before, that's an advantage.
- You have worked with machine learning and implemented projects, e.g. in areas such as computer vision, NLP or classifications. You are interested in using open models and have already used them.
- Not only are you good with machines, but also with people.
- You have already worked in agile teams. You can accompany projects independently and also trust yourself to be in charge of projects.
We offer you
- A collegial team and an open working atmosphere that offers space for new ideas and constructive feedback.
- An environment in which initiative is encouraged and creative will is supported.
- A central place of work in the center of Zurich and the opportunity to work from home.
- Employment conditions according to cantonal guidelines. Continuing education is a top priority in our knowledge-oriented field of activity.
We look forward to receiving your online application by March 19, 2023.
You will receive an initial response to your application by March 24, 2023.
Patrick Arnecke will be happy to provide you with further information about the position from February 27, 2023, e-mail: patrick.arnecke@Statistik.ji.zh.ch, Tel.: +41 43 259 75 21