Active in Western Switzerland, we help our clients to carry out their projects by providing comprehensive, efficient and sustainable energy solutions, whether in the production and distribution of electricity and heat, electrical installations, home automation, soft mobility, air conditioning or water treatment. As an exemplary employer, we support the development of the skills of our 2,500 employees, including 280 apprentices, as well as the reconciliation of private and professional life.
The Electricity Distribution Department builds, maintains and operates the electricity distribution network. Thanks to the development of innovative offers, it ensures the technological mastery of projects such as the creation of the smart network or public lighting.
The energy transition is a challenge for electrical networks and their transformation into a smart grid offers new perspectives for analysis. As part of the electrical network asset management activities, the Infrastructure Management unit is looking for, for a fixed period of one year , a:
Data Scientist Elektronetze (m/w) 80-100%
- Collection, cleaning and analysis of the quality of consumption, infrastructure and geographic data;
- Development of algorithms to evolve our activities, particularly in the following areas:
- Analysis of the load on the electrical network, particularly in connection with photovoltaic injection and the electrification of heating and mobility.
- Use of flexibility (heat pumps and charging stations) to optimize electrical networks.
- Detection of inconsistencies in electrical flows (withdrawal power, discharge power, etc.).
- Formatting of analysis results to make them usable by electrical network specialists
- Participation in the standardization of the data processing and analysis process
- Higher education (EPF/HES) in the field of data science (machine learning, data engineering, etc.) or equivalent training;
- Experience required in the processing and analysis of time series and geospatial data in Python language;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Azure environment;
- Knowledge of how electrical networks work, a plus;
- Autonomous, good communicator, and analytical mind.
What we offer you:
- An evolving environment conducive to the balance between professional and private life.
- The social benefits of a modern company, equal treatment, opportunities for professional development.
- A strong spirit of cohesion and a team proud to collaborate: "Together, we are moving towards success".
Need additional information?
Contact Alain Ruffieux, Infrastructure Management Manager on 026 352 54 53.