Full Job Description
Caplena is an award-winning Swiss tech start-up. It is \*the\* AI tool to analyze open-ended feedback, wherever it may come from - helping customers to get from texts to real insights, with ease and in no time. Caplena's vision is to become the single place of truth for feedback, where customer-centric companies go to understand the needs, wishes and pain points of their customers.
Having closed our first funding round, we're looking for curious minds who are eager to write world-class software. You will become an integral part of our hands-on & fun team (16 people) and have a big impact on the future development of our software. We are fast-growing with close to 130+ active customers in more than 15+ countries across a multitude of industries including some big names like eBay and DHL.
As part of the backend team, you will work in close collaboration with the founders and our small but talented (entirely in-house) developer team to:
- Develop new features (e.g. integrations with other apps, new internal & public API endpoints);
- Improve performance of endpoints (we're dealing with 1M row queries )
- Define the roadmap & future architecture of our SaaS;
- Fix bugs . Which of course never happens.
- 5 years of professional experience in building backend systems (Python, preferably Django) and solid knowledge of SQL Databases;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience;
- You feel live and breathe web APIs;
- You have a good knowledge of Django and optimally some experience with Kubernetes;
- Performance issues are challenges you indulge in, not something you dread;
- GTD > Meetings;
- Passion for writing beautiful & useful software;
- Track record of getting features shipped for customer-facing applications;
- Solid written communication in English; German not required but a plus;
- Upbeat team player.
- Exciting, growing product ;
- Quick & inclusive decision making;
- Modern & scalable tech-stack (GCE; Kubernetes; Django; Postgres; Redis; Vue; Vuex; eCharts; PostgresSQL);
- Solid tooling (CI/CD; issue monitoring; session replay etc.);
- Quick & inclusive decision-making; (AI engine, API, Frontend, DevOps);
- Driven & down-to-earth team;
- Office near Opernhaus, Zurich (close to the lake, and we have great coffee!)
- A lot of team events;
- MacBook Pro;
- Full-time; flexible working hours; remote;
- 25 days PTO/year;
- Competitive compensation & equity.
To apply, you need to solve a small technical riddle ️ (no worries, should take less than 10mins) through this url: https apply (dot) caplena (dot) com (slash) api-guru
In your application, include the super-secret-key-for-job-application that you obtain from the riddle. Please also provide a link or description of previous projects that you have worked on.
If you're looking for a place to apply and refine your programming skills on a cutting-edge product, then join us .Start date:
Immediately or according to availability.