Institute for Banking and Finance
Junior Software Engineer
The Institute for Banking and Finance (IBF) at the University of Zurich pursues academic excellence, high-quality and modern teaching and social relevance in its department. With 20 professorships and over 160 employees, the IBF is one of the leading finance institutions in Europe. The IBF Teaching Center (IBF TC) is responsible within the institute for teaching in the bachelor's degree, the entire range of blended learning and innovative teaching projects (e.g. the classroom interaction platform KlickerUZH). The position to be filled at the institute includes both the participation in teaching projects of the IBF TC and the further development of the entire institute in the areas of Devops, Cloud (Microsoft Azure) and Microsoft 365 (e.g. Microsoft Power Platform).
As part of the IBF Teaching Center, you will work on innovative teaching projects in the field of IT (e.g. the open-source classroom interaction platform KlickerUZH or automated exam correction using modern language processing). You cover the entire project life cycle from the conception and development of new functionalities and architectures to the deployment and operation of the applications in the cloud.
Together with the TC management, you will design new teaching projects and assume responsibility for the implementation of the project as well as communication with stakeholders inside and outside the university. You will also play a key role in ongoing development and work together with the student team members to implement the projects. With your specialist knowledge, as a mentor for student employees, you make a significant contribution to the overall success of the IBF TC.
At institute level, you will work on the further development of a modern application infrastructure based on Microsoft Azure and Kubernetes and drive digital process automation using the Microsoft Power Platform. You ensure the smooth and secure operation of the Devops environment and cloud infrastructure of the IBF and develop modern applications and architectures based on Azure Services. You will also be available to the various IBF IT teams as a sparring partner in the area of devops and cloud.
- Good to very good university or technical college degree (bachelor’s or master’s), preferably in (business) informatics or data science.
- First experience in the devops area with cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure as well as CI/CD and containers/Kubernetes is an advantage. Project experience in the field of machine learning and natural language processing is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- High degree of independence, flexibility and creativity as well as the will to drive innovation.
- Proactive, communicative and service-oriented personality with high motivation.
- Very good knowledge of German and English.
We offer you
- Varied and challenging job with a high degree of independence, flexibility and responsibility in a collegial, young and dynamic team.
- Great creative freedom in forward-looking projects that make an important contribution to the quality of our university teaching and administration.
- Various advantages through affiliation with the university as a cantonal institution, such as the receipt of lunch checks, discounted access to sports facilities (ASVZ), or a discounted mobile subscription from Digitec Connect. Further details on the employment conditions and social benefits see https://www.uzh.ch/cmsssl/de/about/work.html#0-0
Plattenstrasse 14, Zurich, Switzerland
The start of the position is by appointment and as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application by January 29, 2023 with the usual documents (letter of motivation, CV, job references, if available: link to the Github profile) in German or English.