Sedimentum is a Swiss Health-Tech startup which designs its own IoT sensors, software, and machine learning (ML) algorithms to protect vulnerable individuals and provide peace of mind to their loved ones. Our focus is on seniors who increasingly live alone and are at risk of health-threatening emergencies (e.g., falls). We believe that current technological solutions addressing this trend are insufficient and in need of innovation.
Are you interested in working on a meaningful product where you can help save lives, while working with a modern Tech-Stack? Are you looking for a position where you can have a direct impact on our products and thus the well-being of our customers? Then keep on reading.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d). You will be working on our SAFE-Living product, where you will be responsible for further designing and developing our app and backend services. The product is powered by a custom-built system which consists of devices/sensors, our data processing cloud-platform, Android/iOS app, and machine learning models running in real-time.
Location: Cham (Zug) and home office
Working hours: 80%-100%
The challenging activities require a degree in computer science and proven professional experience with production-grade systems.
Area of responsibility
- Drive the design and development of our Frontend (Ionic/React App) and participate in further improvements for our Backend architecture (Microservices)
- Develop thoughtful and maintainable code to provide novel features for both internal and external customers
- Ensure our data pipeline scales to process the large quantity of data produced by our sensors in the field
- Take charge of projects end-to-end from conception to production deployment. You will interface with members of the DevOps, ML and Business teams
- Ensure our service availability to fulfill customer SLAs
- Proactively shape and improve our development practices to continually enhance the developer experience
- Become a mentor to junior members of the team
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a similar degree
- Experience with developing, deploying, and maintaining production-grade software systems
- Experience with Java Script (preferably Typescript), Frontend frameworks (React) and Python (Django knowledge is a plus)
- Experience with Code Versioning (Git) and CI/CD technologies
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker)
- Experience with container orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience with machine learning systems in production is a plus
- Entrepreneurial thinking, high degree of personal responsibility and solution-oriented approach to work. Things can change fast at a startup, so a high degree of flexibility is required
- You care about code quality, problem solving, testing and teamwork
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions and use creative approaches for solving complex problems
- Proficiency in English (internal communication is in English) and EU/EFTA work permit
What we offer
- The chance to work in a startup environment
- Work on a meaningful product that includes a large variety of technical challenges ranging from IoT Fleet management to Big Data / ML and Android/iOS App development. You will have a real impact on our customers’ wellbeing
- Diverse and exciting tasks with short decision-making procedures. You can actively shape our product and the direction of the company
- We provide performance-oriented compensation and equity ownership
- Regular team-events (game nights, common lunches, monthly company get-togethers with food and drinks, etc.) and of course the free coffee and snacks
Application documents including a letter of motivation can be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org