About Mettler Toledo
METTLER TOLEDO is the leading manufacturer of weighing systems and other technologies for laboratory, industrial and retail applications. We operate globally and our culture is characterized by innovation and international flair.
Our Load Cells & Platforms (LCPF) business unit develops force sensors as well as hardware and software platforms for the entire global METTLER TOLEDO group. For our operational global headquarters in Nänikon/Greifensee, we are looking for a Team Leader Embedded Software Engineering - Linux 100% (f/m/d) for our Research & Development (R&D) department in the 'Software Open Systems' team.
In this role you will be responsible for the following activities:
- You will lead a team of 8 embedded software developers and ensure the development and promotion of team members
- You develop, maintain and promote internally a Linux-based embedded software platform for company-wide use. You use methods such as Scrum
- In addition, you ensure close cooperation with internal customers and stakeholders by regularly exchanging information with them about their activities and needs
- Prioritize and plan the provision of the functions desired in the platform in coordination with the available resources
- They ensure that you are aware of the state of the art
- Last but not least, you lead or support various projects
We have the following requirements for this position:
- Completed master's degree in electrical engineering or computer science with a focus on computer technology. An additional degree in Business Administration is a great advantage
- You have already proven that you can motivate a team to perform at its best and you enjoy taking on a leadership role.
- Pronounced embedded Linux know-how and experience in working with open source communities are required
- Experience with the Debian ecosystem (e.g. packaging and image generation with debootstrap/debos)
- Knowledge of C/C++, git, containers, continuous integration and test automation is an advantage
- Goal-oriented personality with empathy, humor and business acumen combined with an analytical, structured and fact-based approach
- Excellent communication and team skills in an international and interdisciplinary environment in English and in German
- Depending on the position, we offer flexible working hours with a hybrid working model and attractive further training opportunities
- We have a 40-hour week with at least 25 days of vacation plus 4-7 bridging days per year
- There are free parking spaces and a workplace with direct public transport connections
- In our own METTLER TOLEDO staff restaurant, we offer our employees healthy and discounted meals
- There are also other attractive additional benefits such as various cost sharing for sporting activities, etc.
Challenging, versatile and varied tasks await you in an innovative and international environment, with the opportunity to network globally and achieve your next career goal.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. We are at your disposal for questions, our contact address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only direct applications will be considered.
We promote equal opportunity worldwide and value diversity in our teams in terms of work experience, specialty, gender and ethnicity. You can find more information about our commitment to sustainability, diversity and equal opportunities here.