Your job responsibilities will include:
- Working with internal and external market data to gain insight valuable to the business
- Develop modern and robust data science skills ranging from data manipulation, analysis, modelling and productionisation and apply them to problems such as price forecasting, transaction rate prediction or participant classification.
- Help define hypotheses for data science projects with market analysts and traders.
The skills and qualifications requirements for the job are as follows:
- Strong STEM Degree, ideally a First, from a high-quality university, UK Russel Group or international equivalent.
- Data Science or Machine Learning courses are beneficial but not essential as we can facilitate your development in these areas.
- Experience writing code in a common language e.g., Python, R, C#, Java etc. Python preferable but not essential.
- Confident in communicating/presenting your findings to technical and non-technical parts of the business.
- Mathematically confident to the point of solving various types of differential equations.
- Demonstrable interest in working with data to solve problems.
- Ability to work on exploratory and uncertain projects with persistence and determination.
- Strong problem-solving skills.