- Glencore Headquarters
- Baar , Zug , Switzerland
- Group Assurance Department
Group Assurance Department
We are looking for a motivated Data Engineer to join our Group Assurance Department. We offer a unique insight into Glencore’s worldwide business. Glencore’s Group Assurance Department applies innovative practices to provide assurance and advisory services to the company’s stakeholders. We will also fully support you in your professional development.
Candidates who would excel in our environment
- Acquire and maintain datasets that satisfy our assurance and operational needs
- Liaise with stakeholders to explore and make available large amounts of data in a timely manner
- Develop models and pipelines to extract, transform and load (ETL) data into useful, actionable information
- Maintain and enhance our various audit data warehouse environments
- Establish and manage internal and external data connections (e.g., APIs)
- Validate and monitor performance of data processing activities
- Identify data automation and optimisation opportunities, and recommend feasible solutions
- Assist with delivery of our department’s digital and data analytics initiatives
- Adhere to relevant data governance and security policies
- University degree in Computer Science or relevant professional degree in programming or database management
- Three (3) or more years of relevant work experience in data engineering
- Experience with data mining (e.g., CRISP-DM) and agile (e.g., SCRUM) methodologies
- Experience in ETL activities with MS SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Awareness of current and future analytical techniques, such as Machine Learning, artificial intelligence, visual and text analytics, process mining, amongst others
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau or PowerBI)
- Excellent communication skills (English proficiency), as you will be required to liaise with peers and supervisors to understand a diverse variety of data needs and articulate solutions
- Experience in analysing SAP data structure and functionality recommended
- Working knowledge of Alteryx, Python/R, and MS PowerApps is a plus
Who we are
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Glencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.
Further information and reading
- Introducing Glencore video
- Glencore’s Purpose and Values
- Purpose and Values booklet
- 2021 Annual Report
- 2021 Sustainability Report