At Julius Baer, we celebrate and value the individual qualities you bring, enabling you to be impactful, to be entrepreneurial, to be empowered, and to create value beyond wealth. Let’s shape the future of wealth management together.
We are going through a transition at Julius Baer. At the core of this transformation, the Software Engineering
Centre of Excellence (CoE) is a new division that has the mission to elevate Software Engineering practice at Julius Baer by
seeking technical excellence, talent promotion and a great developer experience.
We will achieve that by implementing an end-to-end DevOps process. This includes adopting state-of-art infrastructure
focused on Kubernetes, Kafka, API first and other open standards for supporting the building of a dynamic and reliable
network of microservices.
- Work together in a cross functional team using agile methodologies as part of a DevOps centric model.
- Design, implement, deploy, release and monitor your team's applications, take part on pull request reviews.
- Understand business needs by working together with your colleagues from across different divisions of Julius Baer.
- Take part of planning and feature refinement sessions together with your team.
- Together with Solution Architects design software solutions that are aligned to Julius Baer's overall architecture vision.
- Actively take part on our Software Engineering communities, sharing your knowledge and helping others.
- Deliver high quality code, aligned with Julius Baer guidelines and standards.
- You have a can-do attitude, you are pragmatic and open-minded.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, your ideas are welcome.
- Proven delivery experience in Software Engineering using industry standards such as test oriented development using TDD and BDD.
- Understanding of DevOps concepts such as CI/CD and the importance and value of automated testing.
- Willingness to learn new ways of working while supporting Julius Baer to transform itself.
- You take pride of your work and strive to lead by example.
- Master or Bachelor in Computer Science or any other related area, or proven relevant working experience.
What we don't expect from you
To be an expert in both frontend and backend domains. We understand we all have our specialties and preferences, so we don't expect you to be as much as an expert on React than Springboot backend, but we expect that you are open to work in both domains when required, but still keeping your focus on either frontend or backend.
- Service oriented architecture, RESTful services
- SQL (Oracle)
- Kubernetes (PKS) and Virtual Machines
- Streaming using Kafka, Avro
- Open API, UML
We are looking forward to receiving your full job application through our online application tool. Further interesting job opportunities can be found on our Career site .
Is this not quite what you are looking for? Set up a job alert by creating a candidate account here .