At Yelp, it’s our mission to connect people with great local businesses. Yelp’s unique dataset contains billions of interactions between users and local businesses around the globe, from a user reviewing a neighborhood coffee shop to requesting a repair quote with a photo of a leaky faucet. Data Scientists at Yelp work to make sense of these interactions to deliver impactful analyses and products to our users, business partners, and the general public.
The Data Science team performs analyses, builds models, and designs experiments that directly impact Yelp’s business and users. Our centralized team is the most wide-ranging consumer of data at Yelp, adept at tasks from modeling content growth and user behavior to sharing insights about the health of local economies. With varied backgrounds and expertise, we strive for learning and growth in a collaborative environment.
This opportunity requires you to be located in the United Kingdom.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Define and build key metrics to track Yelp’s performance and inform product decisions.
- Assess and frame questions from partners into actionable deliverables.
- Design, execute, and analyze complex experiments impacting millions of users.
- Devise and evaluate predictive as well as causal models for diverse business needs, such as identifying growth opportunities, exploring drivers of retention, and predicting what drives success at Yelp for businesses.
- Own analyses from start to finish and communicate key insights to stakeholders.
- Share your technical skills to develop and maintain high-quality, reusable analysis tools.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Several years of experience as a data scientist and industry experience in a quantitative role.
- Fluency with SQL and Python for data analysis.
- Enthusiasm for clean code and sharing reproducible results.
- Solid understanding of statistical inference, experimental design, and analysis.
- An eye for great data explorations using advanced statistical tools to draw meaningful insights.
- Experience developing predictive models using statistical techniques.
- Knowledge of causal model building, inference, and analysis.
- Communication skills to work with partners on product, engineering, and other data science teams.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday.
- £150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- £75 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- £56 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.