World market leader with a significant product range
We are the global leader with the broadest portfolio of high-performing and sustainable core materials made of PET foam and balsa wood. We are the pioneers in sandwich technology with more than 75 years of experience. Since the very beginning our focus has been developing strong and solid, yet lightweight core materials which allow the manufacturing of more durable, sustainable, and energy-efficient end products for our customers. 3A Composites Core Materials is a global organizational unit within the 3A Composites Group, a part of Schweiter Technologies. The purpose of our products is to create a stronger, lighter, and greener future.
We are looking for
Data Scientist 80-100%
Standort: Sins | Eintrittsdatum: asap; for production/R&D site and division head office in Sins, Aargau
- Establish 3AC Core Materials’ capabilities in data science by defining the processes & technologies and ultimately build up a team
- Understand the nature of the business, discover the key challenges and articulate adequate technical solution
- Develop machine learning solutions to create new business opportunities by evaluating advantages and drawbacks between different ML technologies
- Analyze the data collected from the manufacturing processes to extract insights and realize improvements
- Collaborate in a cross-functional environment and report & communicate the key insights of your work to stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience in data science or data-driven engineering roles
- PhD or MSc in statistics, computer science, or equivalent engineering degree with background in machine learning
- Track record of building your own ML pipeline by collecting, validating, processing, training, analyzing, and visualizing real-world use cases, preferably in Python
- Strong hands-on experience in software development
- Ability to document and communicate complex results to a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience or interest in production technologies similar to foam processing and chemical processing
- Good fundamentals in project management, preferably matured in a multinational organization
- Strong business acumen, structured and logical thinker, result oriented, capable to take and substantiate decisions; Driven to continuously learn by solving complex challenges by applying scientific methods that have real-world impacts
- Fluent in English is a must, solid spoken German skills required (B2)
What do you also have to know?
We offer a flat organizational structure with efficient decision-making possibilities and an engaging working environment. We look forward to receiving your application over our online career tool.
Please hand in your CV as well as a short project list. If you have any questions, please feel free to send an email or a callback request to Evelyn Gieray, HR Director, email@example.com.
For this position, applications from recruiters will only be considered with prior approval.