Senior Software Engineer-Core team (f/m) 80-100%
The Goldbach Group is a leading European advertising firm and part of the TX Group, the
largest media corporation in Switzerland with brands such as 20 Minuten, Ricardo, Tutti, Tages-
Anzeiger, Doodle and Zattoo. We market and mediate advertising in private electronic media
with a focus on online, video, digital TV, digital out of home (DOOH) and performance marketing
in Switzerland, Germany and Austria. The business unit “Goldbach Next” is in the center of the
company's digital transformation and responsible for product development and innovation, ad-
technology solutions and engineering, revenue management and our operational infrastructure.
We are based in the heart of Zurich with additional offices in Küsnacht, Berlin and Belgrade.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Core team!
As a Senior Software Engineer in the core engineering team you will be working to build the backbone of an innovative new advertising platform.
Your responsibilities would be to:
- Innovate the way we deliver advertising.
- Maintain and integrate with existing systems while also being part of architectural discussions and delivering greenfield projects.
- Further develop the Cloud Infrastructure.
- Bring solutions to live, with focus on quality, insight delivery and reducing latencies.
- Have Bi-lateral communication with the product team sharing engineering constraints and objectives.
- Identify tech debt and make recommendations of reduction.
- Write code for medium to large features independently.
- Set up a scalable test environment, test data and software performance testing strategy and standards.
- Lead code reviews, providing constructive feedback.
We will invite you to the next level if you have:
What we offer:
- BA/BS degree in information systems, computer science or engineering (or similar) with at least 5 years+ of work experience as Senior SWD/Senior SWE or equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of REST API using Java/Node.js.
- Very good Knowledge of messaging products like Kafka, ActiveMQ and Kinesis.
- Proven know-how in AWS Services (ECS, API Gateway, Lambda, SNS, DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis).
- Hands on Experience with Docker Container.
- Sound Expertise with development tools like Eclipse, Git, Gradle, Sonar, Jenkins, Jira and Artifactory (etc..).
- 2y+ work experience with DevOps Practices and CI/CD model of development.
- High skills in delivering software performance and stability improvements.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional resources and work well in a distributed environment.
- Understanding and experience using Agile processes and methodologies.
- Fluency in English is required (C1 written & spoken).
- German and any other language is a plus.
- Knowledge of the advertising market and or ad sales is a plus.
- A workplace in Zürich or Berlin - for an international company which drives advertising forward.
- A dynamic & passionate team environment.
- We come from different corners of the world and work interdisciplinary.
- We want to know each other better - where there are opportunities to socialize - across all our locations.
Find all benefits at a glance here: Goldbach Careers