Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through breakthrough products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet. Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
Strategy, Planning and Business Intelligence Lead EAME (m/f/d)
- Support shaping and implementing the EAME strategy mainly through:
- Co-leading the EAME planning process together with EAME Finance (BUD, 5YP)
- Creating differentiation through excellence in Business Intelligence (market- & customer insights) and the way we leverage data
- Own the EAME CP Marketing governance and processes
- Align with Finance and provide clear EAME guidance for the planning processes (e.g., link Marketing- & Financial plan, link 5YP to Budget)
- Own the Marketing-related planning elements like acreage, market size, sales, market share, gross margin
- Continuously develop I-Plan to ensure best fit for purpose to support the EAME strategy
- Be an integral part while developing the strategy & story line and presentation of the EAME 5YP
- Lead the creation of a digital platform containing all business intelligence (market and customer) data available across the region incl. internal processes (e.g., I-Plan, SFDC) and/or external data acquisition (e.g., Panels, MRES, SMI)
- Continuously and proactively generate Business Intelligence (BI) insights and consult/advice local marketeers across EAME
- Contribute to develop BI capabilities in the BUs
- Ensure close link to other functions leveraging those BI insights, like pricing and portfolio management
- Own and continuously develop key CP Marketing processes, e.g., TPR, 5YP/I-Plan, Strategic Agenda (EAME CP and EAME CP Marketing); follow the process of keeping it simple
- Ensure proper interfaces to less Marketing-driven processes (e.g., SOP, MBR, Budget, PDC)
- Establish close links with the Planning teams on BU level and support & enable them through appropriate methodologies and tools
- Support selected governance bodies, esp. the ECPLT and the EAME Innovation Council
- Strong analytical, data-driven background
- Experience in Planning and organization
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lead small teams
- 3-5 year experience in Strategy, Planning and/or Business Intelligence, preferably in the Ag industry.
What we offer:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from an onsite doctor, gym, canteen, and other benefits
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) – reference number 18041948.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Did you know? Syngenta has been ranked as a top employer by Science Journal.
Learn more about our team and our mission.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status