We are seeking for a BI Consultant passionate of bringing added value from data.
You will need to be innovative, methodical, solution-oriented (not problem-oriented!), and communicative to be considered as a trust advisor.
In this role
In a dynamics environment you will support ELCA’s activities by:
- Participating in exciting and cross-company Business Intelligence (BI) & Analytics projects
- Developing of BI apps, dashboards, reports, ETLs and Data warehouses
- Strengthening and further developing of the BI & Analytics architecture
- Improving and optimizing methods and standards of the Business Intelligence Competence Centre
- Cooperation with well-known external partners (hyper-scalers)
- Responding to calls for tenders
What we offer
- Get the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience by working on a broad range of exciting projects, products, customers and technologies
- A dynamic work and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multi-cultural and international sites team
- Attractive prospects for career path & Personal development through training and coaching
- The chance to make a difference in peoples’ life by building innovative solutions
- Various internal coding events (Hackathon, Brownbags), see our technical blog
- Monthly After-Works organized per locations
- Good work-life balance (2 days per week from home)
- Attractive pension fund with 3 types of employees’ contributions & Private ward and worldwide coverage with Zurich insurance
- Loss of salary for sickness and non-professional accident contribution fully supported by the company
- Paternity/Maternity leave: legal duration paid at 100%
- 1/2 SBB fare abonnement
- Mobile and home discount program
About your profile
For this vacancy we expect a candidate with an academic degree of a university, university of computer science or technical college with at least 4 to 5 years’ hands-on experience. Data & Analytics is a core activity within ELCA group, strong focus is given on this and we expect concrete experience in the implementation of BI solutions (specifications, development and deployment in a real-life).
- Hands-on experience with data visualization tool, Power BI, a must and Tableau, a plus, others is to be considered as an asset
- Comfortable with business analysis “data/BI oriented” and motivated to understand customer needs
- Knowledge of handling data warehouses (on-premises and cloud-based)
- Expertise in Azure DevOps, Power Designer
- Familiar with SCRUM and/or CI-CD
- Ideally knowledge of Python
- Reactive to the changes that Proof Of Concept oriented projects can bring
- Flexibility to travel around Romandie
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate with customers and especially to non-experts.
- Your strengths include an efficient style of working both autonomous and in a team, and a distinct customer focus.
- You are curious and keen on new technologies, new concepts, or new products IT.
- Fluent in French and English