Who we are
Novelis is driven by its purpose to shape a sustainable world together.
As a global leader in innovative products and services and the world's largest recycler of aluminum, we partner with customers in the automotive, beverage can, aerospace and specialties industries to deliver solutions that improve the benefits of balanced lightweight aluminum. We have a coordinated network of technically sophisticated rolling and recycling plants as well as foundries across 33 facilities in 9 countries throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia with just under 15,000 employees worldwide.
Our customers include some of the largest and best-known brands in the world, including Coca-Cola, Ford, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Nespresso, Samsung, and others. In addition, Novelis is leading the industry with its sustainability and recycling efforts.
Become part of our mission to create a sustainable world and start at one of our locations in Switzerland (Siere or Küsnacht) or Germany (Göttingen, Koblenz, Ohle-Plettenberg or Nachterstedt) as soon as possible as:
Data Scientist (f/m/d) Supply Chain
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Novelis is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Global Digital Team to be part of a current project within Supply Chain. In this role you will be responsible for applying advanced statistical analysis tools and Advanced Analytics techniques such as Machine Learning, Stochastic Optimization and Simulation to explain operating behaviors, understand complex relationships between known and unknown drivers of performance, and build algorithms using advanced descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive methods. This will aid in the optimization of operations by improving the plant operating team’s ability to predict, prevent, or respond to events and/or operating conditions in the most optimal manner.
- Collaboration with translators to define technical problem statements and hypothesis to test as well as understanding business problems to implement scalable and sustainable solutions
- Coordination with SMEs, translators, IT and data engineers to deliver holistic analytical solutions
- Designing, creating, testing and implementing complex models and algorithms that drive analytical solutions throughout the organization
- Regularly testing and maintaining analytical models to improve efficiency and keep up with changing business needs, ensuring timely analysis and testing for regular maintenance of solutions over time
- Writing reports articulating the analytics insights and their business impacts
- Conducting and leading meetings and workshops to explain findings
- Supporting translators in communicating the design, functioning and output of the analytical models and solutions developed
How you convince us:
- Bachelor’s Degree in in mathematics, statistics, computer science or industrial engineering with a focus on operations research or significant experience in advanced analytics such as Machine Learning, Linear/ Stochastic Optimization or Simulation; Master’s or other advanced degree is a plus
- At least 2 years of practical experience in using operations research methods like Linear Programming (LP) and Mixed Integer Programming (MIP) or stochastic/ greedy approaches and modeling in a business context
- Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL and Python; experience in big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark is a plus
- Basic understanding of one or more of the following areas: design and implementation of logistics strategy, network design and optimization, transportation, warehouse design and optimization, or supply chain planning and management processes
- Experience with object-oriented development, design, coding and testing, engineering Analytics platforms
- Comfort in using tools based on Git and preferably working knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Proficiency in aggregation of large data sets, data modeling and understanding of different data structures
- Experience in industrial industry applications or process industries (chemicals, energy, petroleum refining, mining) preferred
- Business fluent in English, German language skills are a plus
What Novelis offers you:
- An international working environment with a cooperative culture, room to take additional responsibilities and an open communication through all levels
- Strong links to our senior management in Küsnacht and our manufacturing plants all over Europe
- An attractive salary with an additional bonus program
- Our competitive company pension scheme and a variety of other benefits
- Internal and external development programs to support your career aspirations
- The opportunity to shape a sustainable work together
Have we caught your interest?
Then become part of our team! We are looking forward to your application!
You can apply easily with your resume via our application system in less than 5 minutes.
We live diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, and identity.