Terex is a global manufacturer of materials processing machinery and aerial work platforms. We design, build and support products used in construction, maintenance, manufacturing, energy, recycling, minerals and materials management applications. Certain Terex products and solutions enable customers to reduce their environmental impact including electric and hybrid offerings that deliver quiet and emission-free performance, products that support renewable energy, and products that aid in the recovery of useful materials from various types of waste. Our products are manufactured in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia and sold worldwide. We engage with customers through all stages of the product life cycle, from initial specification and financing to parts and service support.
Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. “Women@Terex” provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
The Data Scientist, Supply Chain will be responsible for the full parts’ lifecycle decision support from analytic question definition, through data engineering, modeling, visualization development, mathematical optimization, operational deployment, and support iterations. This includes working with business stakeholders to gather goals and outline requirements, translate into technical designs, formalize solution algorithms, coordinate with multiple source data owners, and then develop the end user friendly analytics and self-service analytics interfaces.
We are looking for innovators who have ability to drive business results with a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets while working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. This role will partner with internal supply chain domain experts and external collaboration engagements on advanced analytics and play an important role in the delivery of strategic transformation projects with a focus on analytics and operational research globally.
Your key responsibilities:
- Data engineering and integration:
- Active data integration and collection in the data lake from multiple sources and ERP systems around the world.
- Data mapping, standardization, normalization, and curation in forms of materialized views and staging databases.
- Working with relational and hierarchical SQL databases, gathering transactional and BOM information and data required for decision-making.
- Engineering of new features and parts coding.
- Control and update parts’ coding attributes in master data database.
- Mathematical modelling and quantitative decision support:
- Apply and integrate statistical, mathematical, predictive modeling and business analysis skills to manipulate complex high-volume data from a variety of sources.
- Creatively explore, model, simulate and evaluate the material and informational flow from vendors to multi-echelons distribution centers and customer.
- Determine appropriate methods to model parts life cycle, stochastic demand process, maintenance statistics and distribution system dynamics.
- Using and development mathematical optimization methods to solve and formalize material flow paradoxes and conflicting decisions.
- Enabling of discrete event and stochastic simulations methods for future state prediction.
- Apply maintenance and probability statistics to simulate, model and improve forecasting and predictive capabilities.
- Apply best practices, analyze metadata and internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions.
- Visual thinking & storytelling:
- Support developing of automated reporting capability and business performance insights.
- Support the algorithmic reasoning for variance analysis.
- Provide solutions for static visualizations and dynamic dashboards for interpretable data and decision process representation.
- Develop the early warning diagnostic and prescription toolkit.
- Knowledge management and cross-functional collaboration:
- Translate data & analytics into business insights by working with global leaders and regional supply chain teams.
- Taking an active role in preparation and leading of in-house trainings and team upskilling process.
- Improve, standardize, formalize, document, and automate current business processes.
- Enable quantitative decision-making support for cross-functional users.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor or higher degree, preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or relevant quantitative field.
- Advanced knowledge in Math / statistics / heuristic preferably with specialization at least in one area from: predictive analytics / mathematical (linear, convex) optimization / probability and stochastic process.
- Experience with SQL and at least one scripting language (preferable R / Python).
- Exposure to operations research techniques is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure and manage tight timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a tenacious attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, and excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Readiness to travel (approximately 20%).
Are you interested to join our team? We are looking forward to receiving your application.