- Glencore Headquarters
- Baar, Zug, Switzerland
- Zinc / Copper Department
We are looking for a motivated candidate to join our Digital Innovation team. You will be responsible for data analysis related to the Commodity Trading domain, eliciting and analysing reporting requirements working directly with the Business users and creating reports primarily using SAP BusinessObjects reporting solution. We are a highly motivated and experienced team, and we are looking for a new team member to join us as we embark on a new and exciting phase of our journey of Digital Transformation through multiple innovation projects.
The main tasks and responsibilities include
- Data Analysis related to Commodity Trading and Traffic Operations Platform
- Closely working with the business and the various controlling functions to understand new / change data and reporting requests
- Elicitation of business requirements and stakeholder management
- SAP BusinessObjects report development and maintenance
- Design, development, and maintenance of Data Model using Information Design Tool / Universe Designer
- Coordination with Corporate IT department for additional data inputs required for deliverables
- Ensuring high quality deliverables through rigorous testing to ensure best information delivered
The ideal candidate is
- a team player who can both collaborate and personally take ownership of tasks
- open to sharing ideas and communicating with others to find the best and most pragmatic solutions possible
- knowledgeable about business analysis methodologies
- a good communicator and has strong interpersonal skills to communicate and negotiate with all levels of the business and IT
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or significant experience
- Prior experience working as a data analyst
- Experience with SAP BusinessObjects platform
- Good understanding of databases, primarily Oracle and SQL Server
- Ability to query and analyse data using standard Query tools
- Good understanding of PL/SQL procedures and functions required to reverse engineer reporting logic
- Experience with Data warehousing, Data Modelling, Microsoft Power BI and the associated Microsoft BI stack is a plus
- Fluency in English (corporate language), both spoken and written
- Holding a Swiss work permit or passport holder of CH / EU
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.
Further information and reading
- Introducing Glencore video
- Glencore’s Purpose and Values
- Purpose and Values booklet
- 2020 Annual Report
- 2020 Sustainability Report