DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
What you’ll do:
As a Biostatistician/Data Scientist who is excited about scientific innovation you will provide statistical advice and insights to our research, development and marketing community. Our position might be the right next step for you if you are a bright, motivated person who would like to strengthen our team in nutrition innovation.
The primary location of the position is in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland, but alternative locations in Europe can be also considered.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Support our multidisciplinary project teams with your statistical expertise and insights to optimize decision-making and influence strategy in all development phases of our nutritional products, from early research through development and marketing
- Provide data analysis, meta-analysis across many studies, visualization, reporting and interpretation for a wide variety of research questions in nutrition and health, using mainly data from randomized controlled trials, but also various sources of observational data
- Optimize the study design and statistical power of feeding studies in farm animals and of clinical studies in humans to obtain scientifically sound results
- Monitor outsourcing of statistical analyses to partner organizations and ensure compliance with official statistical guidelines where applicable
- Work closely and in a result-oriented way with study directors, project managers, nutritionists, data managers, external study sites, regulatory affairs, marketing and customers, either as a project team member or as an ad-hoc consultant
- Participate in our digital transformation strategy and optimize how we organize and leverage data in order to personalize our products for customers and consumers
- Participate in collaborations on a global basis (research institutions, customers, CROs, NGOs, etc.)
- A hybrid workplace that offers flexibility to employees across the business
- A team of diverse employees who aren’t afraid to think outside of the box
- A truly global and collaborative team that cares about the experience of our employees
- The encouragement you need to develop and achieve
- A role that is highly visible and allows you to build your brand
- A caring and supportive environment where you’re empowered to grow and share your ideas
- A safe, inclusive workplace where you feel welcome
- Master’s degree with several years of work experience in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science or in a related field, or a PhD
- Sound knowledge of standard statistical methods, particularly regression and extensions (GLMM), knowledge of machine learning methods is an advantage
- Experience with R is essential, other experience with e.g. Python is a plus
- Experience with any of the following is an advantage: clinical studies, life science, data management, CDISC standards, databases, cloud-computing platforms, data workflows and git
- Comfortable with a broad variety of projects, questions and stakeholders, and experience in handling competing priorities.
- Ability to act as contact for stakeholders and be curious about the goals and the context of projects, take responsibility and proactively contribute to their success
- Strong team-player with the ability to communicate effectively with non-statisticians and thrive in an open and collaborative research environment, but also ability to work independently
- Fluent in English, German would be a plus
How to apply:
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by uploading your resume in English via our career portal. The procedure will generally be in line with the DSM application process outlined on the DSM career website. Due to privacy regulations we can only actively interact with applications via our career portal.
For further information, please contact Karim Mousa, Talent Acquisition Business Partner (email@example.com).
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At DSM, we believe that a brighter future is built on diversity. We’re proud to offer equal employment opportunities and to be an affirmative action employer. That means that we consider applications based on how well suited you are for the role – regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability.