As an independent central bank, the Swiss National Bank (SNB) conducts monetary policy in the overall interest of the country. It ensures price stability and thus contributes to an environment in which the economy can develop well.
Big Data Engineer ( 80% - 100%)
The Big Data Team deals with the design, conception and implementation of Big Data platforms as well as carrying out data analyzes in the areas of logging and monitoring. The place of work is Zurich.
- Further development and operation of the SNB's big data platforms consisting of the Cloudera Data Platforms (CDP), the ELK Stack Platforms (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash) and the Kafka Shared Platforms.
- Programming for the automated management of Big Data platforms and going through all phases of software development.
- Application of data science methods for data analysis in the areas of logging and monitoring.
- Pikettdienst im 2nd-Level.
Your knowledge and experience:
- Degree in computer science (FH/Uni/ETH);
- Experience in programming (including Python) and on Linux operating systems (including Bash);
- Expertise in building data-intensive applications, using data analysis tools such as Hadoop/Yarn, Kafka, Spark and knowledge of data science tools (including machine learning);
- Experience with open source solutions in the system technology environment and DevOps experience in a Linux/Big Data environment is advantageous;
- Good analytical skills and a high sense of responsibility;
- Stylish verbal and written communication in German or French as well as in English.
We offer a responsible and challenging job in a collegial environment and an organization that will support you both professionally and personally. Our working conditions are modern and support the compatibility of work and private life. This includes the opportunity to work flexibly and in the home office.
The SNB respects the different needs and life experiences of its employees and promotes their diversity. Equal opportunities and equal treatment have the highest priority. Our remuneration is fair, in line with the market and performance.
You can find more information on our website: Swiss National Bank (SNB) - SNB employer.
We look forward to meet you. Send us your complete application dossier with a letter of motivation using our online application tool.Swiss National Bank
Human Resources | Valérie De Montmollin
Tel. +41 58 631 23 38