Full Job Description
Working place: Basel/Lausanne and/or Home Office Switzerland, Germany or Spain
DevOps Engineer, 80-100% (w/m/d)
Start: immediately or by agreement
We are a global digital health company with 20 years of experience. More than 500 motivated employees share our goal to improve healthcare. Focusing on innovative telemedicine solutions and Digital Health, we provide our patients with high quality medical care wherever they are, around the clock.
Technologies are key success factors.
As a member of our in-house team, help us run Medgate’s software solutions and ensure their seamless progress from development to execution.
- Ensure that Medgate’s software solutions are deployed and operated efficiently and reliably, this to support the entire operational lifecycle of the company
- Design, deploy, configurate and manage new operating environments with the appropriate infrastructure, in the cloud and on-site
- Responsible for getting applications up and for their running and support in the different environments. In doing so, you will deal with automated, scalable and replicable processes for building, integrating, testing, deploying, running and monitoring software
- Implement centralized logging solutions that provide visibility into the system and its health. Design and optimize metrics, which help monitoring and proactively deriving appropriate actions
- Analyze and eliminate root causes in collaboration with the development and operations teams
- Maintain close collaboration with the software development team as well as the operations team to close gaps and ensure effective application of DevOps principles
- Follow relevant technology trends and keep your expertise up-to-date
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or a similar technical field.
- Proven work experience in software development and/or systems engineering - ideally already in a DevOps environment
- Experience with one or more cloud environments, preferably Azure
- Familiar with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes
- Specific experience with Azure Kubernetes Services and/or OpenShift is a plus
- Familiar with deploying and managing development and CI/CD tools and pipelines (especially Git and Azure Pipelines)
- Experience with Linux and Microsoft Windows servers including knowledge of scripting (Bash / PowerShell)
- Experience with "system hardening"
- Familiar with agile software development and its processes (for example Scrum)
- Good communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Pragmatism and hands-on approach
- Very good English skills, French or German being a plus
- Exciting duties in an innovative company
- Varied responsibilities in an international environment.
- Competitive compensation package
- Career options
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Margot Hartmann, HR Business Partner, +41 61 377 72 29.
Job Type: Full-time