Senior Researcher Augmented Reality 80 - 100 %
You have a passion for Computer Vision and Computer Graphics, Augmented Reality and enjoy rapid iterative development. Join us and make science fiction real.
The School of Engineering is part of a 4-year research project in the area of medical training using Augmented Reality (AR) and computer vision. The project partners are Swiss university hospitals, ETHZ, and well-known software companies which build an attractive research environment.
Your task is to conduct applied research and development to innovate the way how Augmented and Mixed Reality is improving surgery training and remote operation room participation. This position is well suited for Post-Docs willing to turn their academic career towards technology transfer into the digital health industry. The position is provisionally limited to 4 years. You are fluent in German or English and are interested in applied scientific work. This includes proposing novel ideas, scientific analysis and evaluations, implementing feasibility studies, creating convincing prototypes, validating results with usability studies, writing reports, and presenting your results for scientific and industrial communities Essential skills:
- PhD tentative with Post Doc experience or several years of industrial experience appropriate to the scientific position in the relevant fields such as computer graphics, computer vision, machine learning, AR/VR, UX, etc.
- You have hands on working experience in the development of complex software applications and a firm grasp of modern software development techniques
- Proven teamwork, communication and self-management skills
You also have most of the following interests and want to learn the missing parts:
- You enjoy staying ahead of technology and continually strive to improve solutions
- Experience in developing augmented reality apps with state-of-the-art frameworks such as ARKit, Unity, or Hololens Development Edition
- Flair for the design of intuitive user experiences in novel AR/VR applications
- You are skilled in integrating mobile Apps with Cloud or Web services
- You are willing to assist in teaching, e.g., by supporting labs in our master and bachelor programs
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14'000 students and 3'400 faculty and staff.
As one of the leading Engineering Faculties in Switzerland, the ZHAW School of Engineering emphasises topics which will be relevant in the future. Our 14 institutes and centres guarantee superior-quality education, research and development with an emphasis on the areas of energy, mobility, information and health.
The Institute for Data Analysis and Process Design (IDP) specializes in quantitative methods from the fields of statistical data analysis, machine learning, stochastic processes, mathematical optimization, and risk modeling.
The Institute of Applied Information Technology (InIT) stands for research and development in a broad range of topics in computer science and develops practical solutions for challenging problems in cooperation with companies and university partners. Already since 2005, we have been your flexible and efficient partner with around 75 employees with backgrounds in various fields and with our modern research infrastructure.
In this project both institutes are cooperating very closely.
Nadine Mueller Recruiting Manager