Become part of our mission to create a sustainable world and start at our location in Sierre, Switzerland, as soon as possible as part of our Information Technology Department
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Enhancing, creating and maintaining a proper data flow from data collection point (process, quality and maintenance data) will be the key activity of this role to bring Novelis to the next level of digitalization.
- This includes aggregating the data, linking data of different types and origins, and making it available for statistically adept colleagues for daily reports or other projects, and participating in machine learning projects.
- Participate in the design and modelling of the future acquisition principle and implementation to ensure Novelis is able to fulfill new customers’ requirements in terms of data tided to our products.
- Work closely with process and automation engineers but also operation IT engineers to guarantee accurate data pipelining and consistency from acquisition to end user.
- Monitor technology concerning data acquisition tools and state of the art approach.
- Based in Sierre, you will partner with other Novelis plants and colleagues and contribute to the support of Novelis sites globally.
How you convince us:
- Bachelor/ Master’s degree in an engineering, mathematics, statistics, or related discipline
- Minimum 1-2 years as IT engineer in data acquisition / data manipulation area or process.
- Experience in participation in data driven projects (acquisition, reporting, advanced analytics)
- Robust analytical skills, including capability to manage complex databases and programming languages
- Strong communication skills (Fluent English and fluent in French and/or German) including presentations skills.
- Expertise to work with cross functional and multicultural teams in an organizational matrix structure.
- Willingness to learn about the automotive industry and related manufacturing products and processes.
Novelis’ Sierre is located in the Valais of Switzerland employing around 500 people. It mainly focuses on production of aluminium sheet for the automotive market covering the entire process from casting to finishing. The plant also hosts a world-leading Research & Innovation Center specialized in development of new automotive sheet alloys surface treatment and joining technologies. Sierre is nicknamed the “City of the Sun” with an average of 300 days of sunshine in proximity to skiing resorts and famous for its cheese and wine. The Sierre plant supports its community through direct sponsorship of many annual events promoting education sports and culture. In addition it supports student project at technical and high schools