About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we want to develop Idorsia into one of Europe’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet – the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 1,000 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
- Support statistics, programming and data management groups across Biometry to explore, review, understand and explain clinical data
- Communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports, publications and presentations. Utilize a diverse array of data mining, analytics and modeling techniques to generate and test working hypotheses, deliver insights and support actionable recommendations to Clinical Teams
- Create outputs that may be used for publication, regulatory submissions, internal decision-making, market tracking, or other uses
- Support statisticians with ad-hoc exploratory analyses following key database locks
- Champion new ways of working with and presenting clinical data and develop educational material to lead the adoption of these methods across Biometry
- Support data-monitoring initiatives including risk-based monitoring by preparing & sharing outputs / reports to Clinical Trial Teams
- Proactively search for trends in clinical data of ongoing studies, including deviations from assumptions
- Monitor trends in usage of new technologies across the industry with a critical eye
- Assess, recommend and develop new standards, policies, templates and procedures
- Ensure processes are followed as defined in quality documents
- Ensure standards for documents, metadata and data are created, maintained and applied
- Master’s degree in the field of computer science, machine learning, applied statistics, mathematics, with at least 3-5 years of relevant programming experience for Data Scientist and 5-7 years of relevant experience for Senior Data Scientist role, of which at least three to five within a pharmaceutical company or a clinical research organization (CRO)
- Experience extracting, cleaning, preparing, modeling and visualizing data; proficiency in one or more statistical programming languages such as R, SAS, Python, Julia; knowledge of R packages such as dplyr for data manipulation and ggplot2 for plotting
- Familiar with generation of interactive reports/dashboards, e.g. R Shiny, Dash, Spotfire, Tableau, Qlik Sense
- Experience with creating reproducible reports using RMarkdown or Notebooks and using code versioning platforms such as Github.
- Excellent knowledge of processes related to statistical analyses in clinical trials
- Knowledge and understanding of CDISC, especially SDTM and ADaM
- Entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to spot trends, teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, rigorous scientific writing and proof-reading skills and ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion
- Must be able to work according to operating procedures, specifications and timelines
- Knowledge of international clinical research regulations and requirements (ICH-GCP) and 21 CFR Part 11
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal skills, and a positive communication style
- Fluent in English.
Work Location: Basel Area - Allschwil
Business Area: Global Clinical Development
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 3342
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you would be informed in greater detail in due course.
Please note Idorsia operates a strictly controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.