For our international partner, Roche Diagnostics International Ltd. based in Rotkreuz, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Data Engineer for a long term position.
As a ML / Data Engineer in the RMD System Development (SD) chapter, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming Data Mesh products built around RMD platforms. You will work as a team member across the complete instrument data products life cycle including architecture, design, development, test, and deployment, with the main focus of data engineering for machine learning purposes.
Our team includes a diversity of backgrounds from Data Scientists with a focus in survival analysis, anomaly detection, natural language processing to experienced systems and software engineers. Therefore, we are looking for candidates with applied machine learning experience and solid software engineering skills.
- Understand product requirements and translate them into modeling tasks and engineering tasks
- Build robust and automated pipelines to ingest and process structured and unstructured data from source systems into analytical platforms, this will involve batch and streaming techniques as well as cloud native toolsets
- Using industry-standard and proprietary approaches to migrate data from RMD platforms to Snowflake
- Leverage one or more of the following big data technologies perform distributed data processing pipelines: Spark/ Hadoop / MapReduce/Hive/Impala
- Apply automation to make the most of our data platform's computation and storage resources
- Computer Science / Software engineering degree
- Quantitative degree with strong programming skills will be considered
- Great problem solving and communication skills
- Experience of Data Platforms (AWS, Snowflake, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience with data streaming technologies such as Kafka or Elastic
- Experience of server side programming (e.g. Java/Go/Python/Ruby)
- Experience with SQL/T-SQL development
Nice to Haves
- Experience with messaging technologies such as Rabit-MQ or Redis
- Experience working in an agile development environment as part of a sprint team
- Interest in Machine Learning
- Interest in systems reliability engineering
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, social origin, religion/belief, age or identity.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!