- Glencore Headquarters
- Baar, Zug, Switzerland
- IT – Data Analytics & reporting
We are looking for an individual who has solid oracle development skills (SQL, PL/SQL), to help develop and support our Business Intelligence platform. Are you willing to learn, become involved in all aspects of the software delivery life cycle, and you have a customer service mentality, then this could be the perfect role for you? If you are looking for a new opportunity or the next steps in your career, then this is an opportunity to work with some extremely experienced Oracle and data warehousing experts.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- developing solutions in a variety of different areas, from traditional enterprise data warehousing, operational datastores, sourcing from Cloud solutions via REST API’s, Realtime data sourcing (CDC or Java Message Queues), Automic workflows etc..
- working with tools like Informatica, Jira, Automic, SAP Data services, Toad
- delivering changes as part of an agile software development framework
- In time, this should include the technical grooming of stories as well.
- taking on deployment responsibilities as part of a roster between team members (After Training)
- taking on production support responsibilities as part of a roster between team members (After Training)
Qualifications and requirements:
- educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- has recent experience developing with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and is highly competent in this area
- fluency in English (corporate language), both spoken and written
- has excellent communication skills and a customer service mentality
- experience with Enterprise Job Scheduling Automation and/or Informatica is a plus
The ideal candidate is:
- is a team player who can both collaborate and personally take ownership of tasks
- open to the sharing of ideas and to open dialog to find the best and most pragmatic solutions possible
- comfortable to communicate with not just the team, but with internal customers and managers as well
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.
Further information and reading
- Introducing Glencore video
- Glencore’s Purpose and Values
- Purpose and Values booklet
- 2020 Annual Report
- 2020 Sustainability Report