80-100%, Zürich or Zollikofen at Bern
At Xovis, we develop the leading platform for managing people flow. Our multidisciplinary engineering teams embrace cutting-edge AI, Cloud and IoT technology to build high-precision sensors that integrate with our growing SaaS portfolio. Our tech covers many use cases – from predictive analytics to enabling sales partner.
Whether choosing the best lane at the airport security checkpoint or knowing when it is okay to go into a store that has protective measures against COVID-19, you have almost certainly experienced the benefits of our people flow solutions. Perhaps without even knowing we exist – until now, of course.
Currently counting 130 passionate Xovisionaries that are mostly based in Zollikofen near Bern, we have just opened our new Zurich office, with you – and all our product development teams – in mind. We are set in BizDevOps mode and are supported by an environment of agile and new-work principles.
We are seeking an ambitious and purpose-driven C++ Embedded Software Engineer to join the journey to expand new as well as existing IoT sensor solutions with new features. If you are excited about our vision of rethinking people flow and can contribute experience with building and running at scale, then Xovis is the place for you!
Your responsibilities include:
- Conceptual design of embedded software solutions/architectures together with the team
- New and further development of software solutions using C++ on embedded level
- Low-level adaptations/extensions to kernel drivers, bootloaders, network components, etc.
- Connections of the base system (embedded) to the application
- Ensuring product maintenance such as OS Service Package Update
- Participation in software development on application level possible if interested
- Alignment with colleagues in mechanical and electronic hardware development
What you bring to the table:
- Completed studies in the field of computer science/electrical engineering or comparable education/training
- Profound knowledge in embedded software development with C++ under Linux
- Practical experience with driver development and network technologies (TCP-IP, Ethernet, etc.)
- You keep track of the overall system in the interaction of CPU/Cache, DRAM, DMA and MMU
- Motivation to solve emerging challenges quickly and pragmatically
- Willingness to continuously develop and learn new technologies
- Good knowledge of German and/or English (B2/C1)
What we offer:
- Strong empowerment of individuals and teams, lots of pioneering spirit, and a flat hierarchy
- Clear vision and strategy as well as a wide range of exciting challenges along the way
- Highly motivated and supportive team with open knowledge sharing culture
- Use of state-of-the-art development tools and methods
- Time and space for innovation and personal development
- Periodic social events, flexible working hours (40 per week), home office and 25 vacation days